Wednesday, August 16, 2017

SUTS Day 16: Elvis Presley



Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00AM Elvis on Tour (1972)

8:00AM Clambake (1967)

10:00AM Spinout (1966)

12:00PM This is Elvis (1981)

2:00PM Kissin' Cousins (1964)

4:00PM Girl Happy (1965)

6:00PM Jailhouse Rock (1957)

8:00PM Elvis: That's The Way It Is (1970)

10:00PM Viva Las Vegas (1964)

12:00AM Kid Galahad (1962)

2:00AM It Happened at The World's Fair (1963)

*Daily Cinema: 4:00AM Live a Little, Love a Little (1968)*


Daily Cinema: Live a Little, Love a Little (1968)
Live a Little, Love a Little is the last film in Elvis's lineup so I apologize that I chose something so late. We should be back to decent times tomorrow--but this also means that within a 24 hour period, you'll probably end up watching two movies instead of one. Anyway, this is a musical comedy starring Elvis as Greg, a young, fun-loving newspaper photographer when he gets tangled up with a chick named Bernice. She is loosely described as eccentric in the synopsis but between you and I, something significant was unclean in her milk. lol She takes him back to her place, where she causes his life to fall apart before helping him find another apartment (The irony, huh?). To pay it forward to her, Greg decides to take on another photography job, unbeknownst to his conservative boss, who would no doubt fire Greg for moonlighting for a Playboy-esque publication. This sounds like a kooky film, but we've been watching serious films lately so I wanted to switch it up. 
To be honest, today was one of the harder days for me to select a film for. I just couldn't find anything that jumped out at me enough to want to watch it and didn't want to go with one of the films I already associated with Elvis. Live a Little, Love a Little didn't exactly jump out at me, but it sounded more fun than a few of the other movies so that's why I chose it. If you'd prefer a quintessential Elvis flick, however, check out Jailhouse Rock or Viva Las Vegas. 

If you're going to be on social media throughout the day, tag your tweets with #summerunderthestars if you'd like to join in on the conversation, and if you'd like to toss me a line during Live a Little, Love a Little, use the tag #atvdailycinema so I can see it. See you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment