Monday, August 14, 2017

SUTS Day 14: Vanessa Redgrave



Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00AM Young Catherine (1991)

9:15AM The Sea Gull (1968)

12:00PM Behind the Mask (1958)

*Daily Cinema: 2:00PM Agatha (1979)*

4:00PM The Seven-Per-Cent Solution (1976)

6:00PM Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment (1966)

8:00PM Julia (1977)

10:15PM Orpheus Descending (1990)

12:30AM Blow-Up (1966)

2:45AM Camelot (1967)

Daily Cinema: Agatha (1979)


Agatha is the 1979 take on an 11-day period in 1926 during which iconic murder mystery author Agatha Christie went missing. She was eventually found (obviously), but the events that transpired during those days as well as what led up to the disappearance have largely remained a mystery. The film, starring Vanessa Redgrave as the titular character, creates a fictional account of those 11 days. 

I age myself every time I talk about Agatha Christie because most kids today, even those who read frequently, have no idea who she is. Agatha Christie (minus that unfortunate initial titling of And Then There Were None--look that up if you don't know what I'm referencing) was my favorite murder mystery author and was behind the creation of my favorite detective Poirot. Speaking of which, between you and I, I am not here for the remake of Murder on the Orient Express. At all. If there's no David Suchet, there's no Poirot. lol 

Anyway, if you're going to be on social media for any of today's films, you can use #summerunderthestars to join the conversation. If you watch Agatha or look up that bit about And Then There Were None I told you to research, tag your thoughts with #atvdailycinema so I can see them. See you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment