Monday, April 18, 2016

TNT Preview: Some Like It Hot

Hi! For the first time in quite some time, I'm going to keep this week's TNT although I have definitely seen it before. We're watching the 1959 comedy Some Like It Hot this week, and I couldn't be more excited. 


Source


Some Like It Hot stars Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis as two Chicago musicians who become witnesses to a mob murder and end up on the run. Their desperation to get out of town leads them to an all-women's jazz band, where they impersonate women in order to join the band and travel with them to their next location, Florida. Sugar Kane (Marilyn Monroe), the band's lead singer, becomes the main point of contention between Joe (Curtis) and Jerry (Lemmon), as they both find themselves interested in her. Being disguised as women doesn't stop them from attempting to foil the other's chances with Sugar Kane, and predictably, hilarity ensues. Their past also catches up with them, which also brings on the comedic hi-jinks. Here's a trailer:




I know I'm breaking my own rule not to feature films for TNT that I've already seen before, but I couldn't help it. Some Like It Hot is one of my favorite classic films, and is one of the first movies I watched when I first started getting into black and whites. I don't believe we've had it as a TNT before, although I think I chose it for a Daily Cinema pick during SUTS a couple of years ago. I haven't seen the film in awhile, so I'm on the plotz train to see it again. 

Some Like It Hot will be air at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST this Thursday. If you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can catch it:


iTunes ($2.99) | Amazon Instant ($2.99) | Vudu ($2.99) | Google Play ($2.99) | YouTube ($2.99)


If you haven't seen this film yet, I'd love it if you tune in with me on Thursday when it airs. In an unofficial double feature, The Odd Couple will be on immediately after Some Like It Hot, so it's going to be a fun evening of film. I hope you have a wonderful Monday and I'll see you soon!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment