Monday, August 31, 2015

SUTS Day 31: Shelley Winters

Shelley Winters was chosen as the star to close out this year's Summer Under the Stars. 
Source

Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00 AM Harper (1966)

8:15 AM The Chapman Report (1962)

10:30 AM Flap (1970)

12:30 PM Executive Suite (1954)

2:30 PM He Ran All the Way (1951)

4:00 PM I Died a Thousand Times (1955)

6:00 PM Odds Against Tomorrow (1959)

7:45 PM Carson on TCM: Shelley Winters (9/26/75) (2013) *documentary*

*Daily Cinema: 8:00 PM A Patch of Blue (1965)*

10:00 PM Lolita (1961)

*Previous TNT Alert! 12:45 AM The Poseidon Adventure (1972)*

3:00 AM My Man and I (1952)

4:45 AM Tennessee Champ (1954)

*Mandy's Note: Had to go back in and re-edit the synopsis; I'd described Shelley Winters' role incorrectly at first. Sorry!*
Aww, SUTS is over after today! It's a real bummer; I don't know that I could maintain this every day of life lol, but it's both a lot of fun and a welcomed break from what has usually become monotonous by this time of year. I've missed my blog though; I feel like SUTS and the Spotlight in particular have been very inspiring in terms of different kinds of posts to do in the future. With September and autumn right around the corner, I'm glad to get back to posting other kinds of content. Our last #atvdailycinema is a romance, this one starring Shelley Winters as the mother of a blind young woman who falls in love with a black man, played by Sidney Poitier. Because interracial romances weren't quite the norm back then, I'm sure that this film made some waves. We're also on Previous TNT Alert; The Poseidon Adventure was a TNT choice earlier this year and it was an amazing movie with an all-star cast. In it an ocean liner is flipped upside down mid-journey and an eclectic group of survivors have to escape the ship before it is totally submerged. Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine and Red Buttons are some of the stars sharing the screen with today's star, who blew me away in the majority of her scenes. Well, that does it for me and for this year's edition of SUTS. There will be a wrap-up post on some of my favorite parts of the month going up tomorrow, but our normal blog schedule will resume....later on today, actually LOL but it's kind of in the same family. Our welcome back edition of TNT will be up later this morning and the rest of the posts will resume after that. Happy viewing and I will see you later on this morning!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment