Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 4: Mary Boland

It is Mary Boland's turn to be featured today on Day 4 of Summer Under the Stars! 
I first saw Mary Boland in The Women, which is going to be on today, and she was easily one of my favorite characters from the moment I saw her. That movie was a hoot anyway, but she was definitely a large part of the reason why it was. I have not seen any of her other movies, in fact did not even know her name until I was looking through the list for this year's Summer Under the Stars and happened to find The Women underneath her name, then I saw the photo and put it together. So excluding that movie, I've heard nothing of any of the movies we'll be shown today. From what I did see though, she did excellent with comedies and had great comedic timing. I think I'm going to get more than a few laughs today, so bring it on!


                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times are listed in EST)
8:49AM: How to Hold Your Husband--Back

6AM: Stingaree
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:30AM: There Goes the Groom
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9AM: He Married His Wife 
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:30AM: Marry the Girl
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11:45AM: The Solitaire Man 
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

1PM: New Moon
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3PM: In Our Time
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

5PM: Nothing but Trouble
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

6:20PM: A Night at the Movies

6:30PM: Danger – Love at Work
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

8PM: Ruggles of Red Gap
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9:35PM: Private Lessons

10PM: Three-Cornered Moon
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11:30PM: The Women
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2AM: Pride and Prejudice
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4AM: Julia Misbehaves
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon

5:41AM: So You Want An Apartment
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: The Women
I had to select this for the Daily Cinema. I had to. I honestly don't see how anyone could not like this movie, but stranger things have happened. LOL I first saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and I laughed almost the entire time. First of all, look at that cast! Mary Boland, Joan Fontaine, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer---all in the same movie? Talk about awesome! I was a little upset with how a few things went down in the movie, but it ended well enough for everyone. The plot was an entire hoot and I'm already excited to watch it again. I recommend that if you have not seen this movie, make it a point to do so. The main protagonist of this movie is convinced by her catty friends (and cousin) to file for divorce when her husband strays, and a few more juicy secrets about these women tumble out afterward. Here's the trailer:


Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796

*Today's Twitter hashtag is #BolandTCM and don't forget the regulars, #SUTS and #TCMSummer!*

No comments:

Post a Comment