Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 11: Henry Fonda

Henry Fonda was the chosen star to kick off Day 11 of TCM's Summer Under the Stars!
I don't know anything about Henry Fonda other than that he was an amazing actor and Jane & Peter Fonda's dad. It feels like I've been saying "I don't know anything but..." doesn't it? I'll probably be saying it again at least 6 more times. LOL I've taken a look at the movies scheduled for today and we've got some really good options of things to watch. It's going to be more of a serious day as there are only two comedies on today's list, but we do have some variety; crimes, westerns, dramas and suspense films fill in the gaps. I read up on him a little bit and it's ironic that the man who grew up as a shy, awkward teenager with little confidence in his acting ability at first became known as one of the greatest actors to grace both the stage and the screen. He was so good without trying that he couldn't even articulate how he prepared himself. That's true talent, folks. With that being said, it excites me to be able to finally see what I keep hearing about.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times listed in EST)
6AM: The Long Night
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:45AM: The Male Animal
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon (currently unavailable)

9:30AM: Spencer’s Mountain
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11:30AM: The Return of Frank James
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

1:15PM: Firecreek
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3:15PM: The Wrong Man
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

5:15PM: Advise & Consent
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:45PM: Carson on TCM: Henry Fonda

8PM: The Grapes of Wrath
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon (free for Prime members only)

10:30PM: Fail Safe
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon (purchase only)

12:30AM: Mister Roberts
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon (rent only)

2:45AM: A Big Hand for the Little Lady
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4:30AM: I Met My Love Again
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon



           --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: I Met My Love Again
I chose this simply because I wanted to choose something other than the expected choices. The expected choice would have been Grapes of Wrath, but I wanted to select something that was not often mentioned when talking about Henry Fonda's films. I Met My Love Again is about college sweethearts who have intentions to marry, but these plans are halted when the woman has a sudden change of heart and runs off to marry another man, with tragic repercussions. I liked this concept and I wonder what these 'tragic repercussions' are for the characters involved.

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796 

No comments:

Post a Comment