Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 10: Lana Turner

Lana Turner takes center stage on the 10th day of Summer Under the Stars. 
Another Saturday of movies I have yet to see, so I'm excited to see what the day has to offer. From the descriptions, we're in for another serious day of film but we've got some classics in here (The Postman Always Rings Twice, Jekyll and Hyde, Imitation of Life) so it's okay. I have yet to see a Lana Turner film other than Julia Misbehaves, but I heard about her talent before I knew who she was so these are gonna be some goodies. She was a beaut, wasn't she? Many of these movies have really intriguing descriptions and I'm yet again having a hard time choosing just one of them for the Daily Cinema. 


                 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times are listed in EST)
6AM: They Won't Forget
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:45AM: Rich Man, Poor Girl
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9AM: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11AM: Johnny Eager
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

1PM: The Postman Always Rings Twice
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3PM: Green Dolphin Street
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

5:30PM: Ziegfeld Girl
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

8PM: The Bad and the Beautiful
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:15PM: Imitation of Life

12:30AM: Peyton Place
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3:30AM: The Three Musketeers
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon


           ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: The Postman Always Rings Twice
After remembering how many times I've heard about this movie over the years, it became a no-brainer for me to choose this as the Daily Cinema selection. I also chose it because it reminded me a lot of Double Indemnity, where the only difference was that Phyllis was manipulating the lover too and the point of murdering the husband was for insurance money. I don't know anything about this one other than that lovers plot to kill the woman's husband. But I think Lana Turner probably knocked the role of seductress out of the park, so I want that to take center stage. 

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796



No comments:

Post a Comment