Wednesday, August 7, 2013

From the Etsy Files....



So here's my first bit of findings in my Etsy series of posts. I'm adding a couple of other things to the "From the..." series so the Etsy posts will be the first Monday of every month from now on. Pinterest will be the second Monday, eBay the third and Amazon the fourth. This is provided I'm able to keep up with that schedule with all of my other postings. LOL

Anyway, these were just a few things that I found in the wonderful world of Etsy over the past few days. You can go directly to the product page by clicking on the photo or to the seller's shop by clicking the link in the description paragraph. I recommend you check at least one; all of these shops have some really great things in there that I think you'll like. Let's get started!


1950's Vintage Rockabilly Repro Dress, $120
SomeLikeItVintage has this cutie for sale in their shop and even though it's a repro, it looks authentic to me. I think it's an adorable dress. I love the simple detailing and the versatility. Since it's warm out you can go bare, or you could toss on a light bolero if it's chilly out. I'd stick with something small for outerwear so you can still show off the dress. 














1930s Art Deco Black Crepe Silk & Lace Gown, $210
Another goodie from Some Like It Vintage, this completely sheer silk & lace gown can very easily be used for some sexytimes, vintage style. *wink wink* You can also wear a black slip underneath it if you'd like to wear it out for a hot date. I thought it was a very sexy looking dress and fell in like with it immediately.
















1940 Wooden Draw Pulls, $25
I love fancy looking drawer pulls. I don't know if that's a silly thing to like, but I like them. It makes me think of when there was actually furniture designed with a woman in mind, with floral detailing and feminine-looking pulls. Now everything is simpler and basic; I don't often see things like this anymore. These pulls are being sold by SilvaSistersBoutique, where other vintage wedding accessories and home decor items are sold. 















Vintage Couture Headpiece, $80
I adore hair accessories and fascinators. If I was more creative and had the materials, I'd love to spend my free time making them. There was another small fascinator in the Silva Sisters Boutique that I had my eye on until I stumbled across this one. I found this one breathtaking. 













Set of 35 Tin Molds in 6 Shapes, $48
I love to bake. I like when what I make is creative or something that my family hasn't had or seen before. I'm also a groupie for kitchenware and appliances, so these molds jumped right out at me. The seller, DesignWise4U, says that these molds can be used as they were originally intended for brioche, or they can be used for kitchen decor and storage. I'd probably use them for both. 















Retro GE Stovetop, $129
This stovetop is totes cute. Did I really just say "totes"? LOL Anywho, I love the arrangement of this stovetop. I really like the way you turn on and use the different eyes; instead of the eyes that are even, these are at an angle and have push buttons as opposed to knobs. I dig it. ShowandTellStudio only has one of these babies for sale. I wish I could buy it!











Retro Burgundy Melmac Tea Set with Cups and Mug, $38
I don't know exactly when this tea set was made, but I love it anyway. It's not a fancy tea set, but it's not completely informal either. It looks to be from the '70s or near that time period. There's something unique about this tea set that I really adore, so I had to include it. DesignWise4U is the seller of this little gem as well, and I think this is a pretty moderate price for a full tea set. 















1940's Coffee Grinder, $40
Today was my first time seeing a throwback coffee grinder. I had no idea that this is what was used for grinding up beans. I kinda like it. The knob kind of reminds me of...I think it's called an organ grinder? Where the guy usually has the little monkey playing the cymbals with him? lol This is another item in the DesignWise4U shop, by the way. I want a coffee grinder like this. That shop has some really awesome finds in there, so I definitely recommend that you go check them out. 








Retro Futuristic Mid-Century Record Player, $375
I've been looking for a good record player for awhile. I'm a late in life convert but I love vinyl now. There's a level of authenticity you get with music on vinyl that I just can't get on my iPod. I guess you could say I have deeper appreciation for the classics now. Which brings me to this record player being sold by HighDesertRetro. This is a wall-mounted record player, but the speakers are also the doors and they close as well. 









Vintage "Antique Look" Phone by Deco-tel, $40
Oh my god, I have wanted one of these phones since I was a small(er) child. It's funny, the older I get and the more my tastes veer toward the technologically oriented on many things, they stay traditional when it comes to this particular phone model. LOL This is a phone that was made to look like the older fashioned phones on purpose, but I can deal with a repro. If I could get an original though, that would be even better. This is another item from the DesignWise4U shop.








Complete '70s Picnic Basket Set, $125
I love this picnic basket set for so many reasons. Firstly, I love Tupperware. My grandma had a lot of the canisters like the yellow and green ones on the left side of the photo, so I get a lot of nostalgic vibes from those. I love picnics and the different containers you put in the basket to hold your things, and this reeks of '70s, which is something else I love about it. I want it so badly. Unfortunately, SmartSquirrel, the seller of this wonderfultastic basket of happiness, only has one of these available so I probably won't get my hands on it. But awesomeness to whoever does!









'70s Pillow Purse with Brass Detailing, $30
The last thing I wanted to include on here today was this very unique pillow-shaped purse. It's not something I would purchase for my personal collection, but it's very striking to me. First of all, it's in a pillow shape. Secondly, that's real brass detailing. I have never seen a purse like this, so the seller, KitschyFun, really picked up a unique piece here. I'm not surprised that this particular bag is the only one of its kind in the shop. The price isn't bad, either. 













Well, that wraps up ATV's first "From the..." Files and I hope you've enjoyed this one; I'll be back with my Pinterest finds on Monday. On another note, how are you all enjoying Summer Under the Stars so far? Every day gives me a new exciting movie and on one hand I wish I could write reviews for all of them so I could tell you in more than 140 characters how I feel about each movie, but on the other hand that's 31 movies to review in addition to our TNT's every week. I can't do all that. LOL Don't forget, if you're on Twitter ATV is as well (finally) so come join me for our Daily Cinema Selections!

No comments:

Post a Comment