Friday, August 31, 2018

SUTS Day 31: Joan Crawford


Previous Entrant!

When was she last featured? SUTS Day 10, 2015


Today's lineup (all times in EST): 

6:00 AM Spring Fever (1927)


7:30 AM Across to Singapore (1928)


*Previous TNT: 9:00 AM Rain (1932)*
When was it featured? January 6, 2014


10:45 AM The Last of Mrs. Cheyney (1937)


12:30 PM Mannequin (1938)


*Previous TNT: 2:15 PM When Ladies Meet (1941)*
When was it featured? January 13, 2014


*Previous TNT: 4:00 PM Humoresque (1946)*
When was it featured? January 20, 2014


6:15 PM Torch Song (1953)


*Daily Cinema: 8:00 PM Sudden Fear (1952)*


10:00 PM Harriet Craig (1950)


12:00 AM Goodbye, My Fancy (1951)


2:00 AM Strait-Jacket (1964)


*Previous TNT: 3:45 AM What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)*
When was it featured? January 27, 2014





Daily Cinema: Sudden Fear (1952)


In our final Daily Cinema of this year's Summer Under the Stars promotion, I chose the primetime film to close it out. Sudden Fear stars Joan Crawford as a wealthy middle-aged playwright who marries a younger mediocre actor, then finds out that he and his mistress are plotting to kill her. 

If you're wondering why there are four Previous TNTs, let me start out by saying I'm surprised there weren't more. lol If you see the dates on each featured film, you'll realize that they come together in chronological order. Back in January 2014 Joan Crawford was chosen as the featured star for the month and each Thursday throughout the month, a few of Joan's movies were aired. I'm a Crawford stan so I made each Thursday a double feature, finishing off with a Triple Feature on the last Thursday, which was also my birthday. So in addition to the four Previous TNTs we get alerted for today, there were actually 7 other films featured that month. lol 

Thank you so much for joining me this month. As I say every year, even though SUTS as an institution is not my creation, it's my way of celebrating the blog's birthday and its original focus as a classic movie site. TNT was my way of taking the blog's original focus with me on a weekly rather than primary basis, but now that I don't run the site full-time and TNT is on hiatus, I get even more excited for Summer Under the Stars every August. Any time that I get to partake in my love for classic films, especially with others who share that love, is a good ass time to me. To be able to do that for an entire month is a dream.

I also relish SUTS because it's the last time my head will be above water until November; Octoberfest is by far my most difficult series to pull off and it's right around the corner so I'll be spending all of September preparing for it. And on that note, thank you again for joining me during this year's SUTS and I'll see you soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment