Wednesday, August 31, 2016

SUTS Day 31: Dean Martin

This year's SUTS closes out with Dean Martin. 




Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00 AM Ten Thousand Bedrooms (1956)
 
8:00 AM Mr. Ricco (1975)
9:45 AM The Silencers (1966)
11:30 AM Marriage on the Rocks (1965)
1:30 PM 4 For Texas (1963)
3:30 PM Some Came Running (1958)
*Daily Cinema: 6:00 PM Who Was That Lady? (1960)*

8:00 PM Bells Are Ringing (1960)
10:15 PM Ocean's Eleven (1960)
12:30 AM Ada (1961)
2:30 AM At War With The Army (1950)
4:15 AM Toys In The Attic (1963)



Daily Cinema: Who Was That Lady? (1960)


Our final Daily Cinema stars Dean Martin and another of my spirit husbands, Tony Curtis, as two friends who try to dupe the latter's wife into believing that the flirtations the two partake in are really secret missions and the two men are spies. I chose this for several reasons. Firstly, I wanted to end this year's SUTS on a funny note and the premise of this movie sounds ridiculous. lol Secondly, I know Dean Martin is known partially for his comedic chops and I've never seen one of his films so I wanted to see them in action. Thirdly, I haven't seen a Tony Curtis film in quite some time (btw TCM, what's a girl gotta do to see Operation Petticoat around here??) and lastly, I don't think I've ever seen Janet Leigh in a comedy. So we're gonna give this film a go. It airs just before the primetime pick so hopefully you'll be around to watch it when it comes on. Well, with that being said it looks like my job here for SUTS is over. I hope that this year's choice of featured stars and Daily Cinemas has given you new films to find and watch again. I hope you'll be watching the last pick of the year with me! I wanted to do a little Chit-Chat post later on today so that I don't hog up the bottom of this post so I'll see you later today!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment