Wednesday, August 19, 2015

SUTS Day 19: John Wayne

We get a full day of The Duke as John Wayne is the chosen star for the 19th day of SUTS. 
Source

Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00 AM She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)

7:45 AM The Wings of Eagles (1957)

*Daily Cinema #1: 9:45 AM McLintock! (1963)*

12:00 PM Rio Lobo (1970)

2:00 PM Big Jake (1971)

4:00 PM McQ (1974)

*Previous TNT Alert! 6:00 PM Brannigan (1975)*

*Daily Cinema #2: 8:00 PM The Quiet Man (1952)*

10:15 PM The Searchers (1956)

12:30 AM Rio Bravo (1959)

3:00 AM Big Jim McLain (1952)

4:30 AM Tall in the Saddle (1944)


Today we have two choices for #atvdailycinema, but one of them is more of a personal preference than the other one. Nobody else in the family or my personal circles enjoy classic movies, so usually this is a pleasure I indulge in alone. I don't mind too much anymore, but it would be nice to be able to share this with some of the people in my life sometimes. So when a movie that a relative actually likes comes on, I jump on it, which brings me to the first Daily Cinema of the day. My mom's favorite cowboy is John Wayne, and McLintock! happens to be one of her favorite films. She's watched it, to my knowledge, more than 5 times, but I have yet to see it all the way through so I'm looking forward to watching that with her tomorrow. The Duke co-stars with Maureen O'Hara in a comedy about a cattle baron fighting with both his rebellious estranged wife and the normal dangers of the Old West. The second movie is the one I would have chosen had McLintock! not been on the lineup, which is another comedy. The Quiet Man comes on later in the day and is about an Irish former boxer who returns to his homeland of Ireland and tries to find a proper wife but falls in love with a feisty woman instead. Maureen O'Hara co-stars in this film as well, so it's probably going to be a hoot, if the bit I saw in McLintock! is anything to go by. Happy viewing!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment