Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SUTS Day 18: Vivien Leigh

Vivien Leigh is the featured star for the 18th day of this year's SUTS. 
Source



Movie lineup (all times in EST):

6:00 AM The Roman Spring Of Mrs. Stone (1961)

8:00 AM Anna Karenina (1948) 

10:00 AM Waterloo Bridge (1940)

12:00 PM St. Martin's Lane (1938)

1:30 PM A Yank At Oxford (1938)

3:15 PM Storm in a Teacup (1937)

*Daily Cinema: 4:45 PM Dark Journey (1937)*

6:15 PM Fire Over England (1937)

7:50 PM London Can Take It! (1940) *unrelated short*

8:00 PM The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind (1988) 

*Previous TNT Alert! 10:15 PM Gone With the Wind (1939)*

2:15 AM 21 Days (1940)

3:45 AM A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) 

5:51 AM Modern New Orleans (1940) *unrelated short*



We're on a Previous TNT Alert again; I featured Gone with the Wind back in 2013 for Valentine's Day, not long after I'd started the TNT tradition. I hadn't seen the movie yet, Valentine's Day happened to fall on a Thursday that year and this was TCM's featured film for the holiday. The stars aligned for me. LOL To be honest, that's the kind of movie I can only watch once. We're also on Previous Daily Cinema alert; I chose The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone a couple of years ago when my other play husband, Warren Beatty, was featured during SUTS. So I'm sort of a pretend bigamist. Anyway, today's Daily Cinema is at a decent time (for the first time in days--sorry again); I chose the romance Dark Journey, which is about a double agent who falls in love with a rival spy, the head of the German Intelligence, during WWI. I don't think we've had a full-on romance since Shall We Dance a couple of weeks ago, which is still categorized more as a musical than a romance. If you've already seen Dark Journey, I'd suggest Waterloo Bridge as a backup Cinema choice; in it a ballerina falls in love with a soldier during WWI and later becomes a prostitute after he is killed. I wanted a change in genre and that sounded like a rather heavy movie, so that's why I went with Dark Journey instead. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment