Wednesday, August 13, 2014

SUTS Day 13: Cary Grant

Day 13 of this year's SUTS belongs to my pretend husband, Cary Grant. 

Source


Today's lineup: (all times in EST)

6:00 AM The Awful Truth (1937)

7:45 AM Bringing Up Baby (1938)

9:30 AM His Girl Friday (1940) 
Netflix

11:15 AM My Favorite Wife (1940)

12:45 PM The Philadelphia Story (1940)

2:45 PM Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

4:45 PM The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

6:30 PM Every Girl Should Be Married (1948)

*TCM Movie Debut: 8:00 PM Hot Saturday (1932)*

9:30 PM Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)

11:15 PM Gunga Din (1939)

1:30 AM Destination Tokyo (1943)

4:00 AM Room for One More (1952)



Much like I said back on Day 5 with Barbara Stanwyck, if you've been with me for awhile then you know the deep and very real obsession lust love that I have for Cary Grant. I wish he could be featured on SUTS every year, but unfortunately, not all dreams come true. lol Anyway, there are a few really good movies that were left off the list this year, like Operation Petticoat, I Was a Male War Bride, and Suspicion. I'm glad that The Awful Truth made the list though; it's the movie that introduced me to the debonair goodness that was Mr. Cary Grant and it's really funny to boot. I didn't know that there were some movies of his that hadn't premiered on TCM yet, which is why I chose the one that did for today's Daily Cinema. 

Hot Saturday pairs my husband....I mean, Grant....up with Nancy Carroll as the latter catches his eye. Unfortunately for Nancy's character Ruth, said flirtation results in the damaging of her reputation as a jilted date spreads an awful rumor about her around town. Today's Twitter tags are #GrantTCM and #atvgrant. See you tomorrow!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment