Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 6: Joan Fontaine

Joan Fontaine kicks off the 6th day of Summer Under the Stars.
I don't believe I've seen a Joan Fontaine film other than The Women so this is an entirely fresh day of movies for me. Honestly, I don't have very much to say today. I heard about her feud with her sister before I'd even seen who she was, and I've never watched many of either of their films so I don't know much about the typical types of movies they did. But today the feud doesn't matter. What matters is that we get 24 hours to see what Joan Fontaine gave to the film industry. I suspect this will be more of a serious day, as I saw no comedies on the schedule. I'm really excited for two of the movies in particular, as their plots interested me the most. I chose one of them as today's Daily Cinema selection.

              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today's movies: (all times listed in EST)
6AM: Music for Madame
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:30AM: A Damsel in Distress
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9AM: Born to Be Bad
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11AM: The Bigamist
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

12:30PM: Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon (purchase only)

2PM: Ivanhoe
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4PM: Gunga Din
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

6PM: Suspicion
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:41PM: From the Four Corners
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

8PM: Rebecca
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:19PM: Letter From a Soldier
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:30PM: Letter From an Unknown Woman
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

12:15AM: This Above All
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2:15AM: The Constant Nymph
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon (purchase only)

4:15AM: Until They Sail
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon


              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: Suspicion

Okay, so clearly I was biased on this one. Shut up. LOL But it's only a slight bias. Firstly, this is an Alfred Hitchcock film so it already promises to be worth the watch. Secondly, both of these actors were great at their craft so I think it would be good to not only see them interact with each other (most of the Cary Grant films I have seen were comedies and this is definitely not a comedy) but to take on Hitchcock material in the process. Suspicion stars Fontaine & Grant as a married couple, with Fontaine suspecting her husband (Grant) of trying to kill her. The concept genuinely intrigued me. The Bigamist came at a very close second; had I looked at that description first I probably would have chosen it. Here's the trailer for Suspicion:

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796

*Today's Twitter hashtag is #FontaineTCM. You already know the drill; don't forget to tag your related posts with #TCMSummer or #SUTS!*

No comments:

Post a Comment