Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 29: Glenda Farrell

Glenda Farrell takes center stage today as the 29th star to be featured in Summer Under the Stars. 
I didn't know anything about Glenda Farrell until I had to look her up for this week's TNT; it looks like she had the most success out of the movies starring her reporter character Torchy Blane. Even though the character is the same through seven of the movies we'll be seeing today, we'll still get a variety in genres; some are crimes, others are comedies, many are suspense. Since our TNT for tonight features the Torchy Blane character, if you're unfamiliar with her as I am we should probably watch one of her earlier movies to acquaint ourselves with her. I find that I can enjoy sequels or sagas much more when I'm familiar with the character, because as the series progresses sometimes they leave smaller details out because the audience is already aware of them. Maybe I'm anal about it, I don't know. lol The day's schedule is shaping up to be quite interesting, so I hope I'm not too busy today.  

          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times listed in EST)
6AM: Little Caesar
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:30AM: I've Got Your Number
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9AM: The Personality Kid
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:15AM: Kansas City Princess
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11:30AM: Snowed Under
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

12:45PM: Fly Away Baby
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2PM: The Adventurous Blonde
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3:15PM: Blondes At Work
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4:30PM: Torchy Gets Her Man
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

5:45PM: Torchy Blane in Chinatown
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

6:45PM: Torchy Runs For Mayor
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

8PM: Smart Blonde
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9:15PM: The Mystery of the Wax Museum
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10:45PM: I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

12:30AM: Gold Diggers of 1935
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2:15AM: Gold Diggers of 1937
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4AM: The Talk of the Town
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon (purchase only)
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: Mystery of the Wax Museum

If you've been a reader of this blog for awhile, then you already know I can't stand many horror movies, which is why my selection for today is probably a little surprising. I chose this one because it was different from the majority of the movies on today's schedule and because I'm still intrigued as to how vintage horror films are different from today's. The most current remake of this film was 2005's critically panned House of Wax, so I kind of want to see if the original was bad as well or if it was simply a poor remake. The original, however, is about a disfigured sculptor who decides to make murder victims into wax statues. Fay Wray stars alongside Glenda Farrell and Lionel Atwill in this 1933 horror flick. 


Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796 

No comments:

Post a Comment