Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 19: Randolph Scott

Randolph Scott is the star du jour for the 19th day of the Summer Under the Stars.
First off, how dapper does he look, right? I had never heard of him or seen him before until I was searching for a photo to use for this post and there were countless others I could have chosen, but I saw this one and knew I'd found the winner. He has that rugged yet extremely handsome look to him, like he'd wear a pair of Wranglers like he's wearing that suit in the photo. With that being said, I'm not surprised at all that the majority of the movies we'll be watching today are Westerns. Needless to say, however, I haven't seen them. LOL

          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times listed in EST)
6AM: Badman’s Territory
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:45AM: Trail Street
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9:15AM: Return of the Bad Men
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11AM: Riding Shotgun
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

12:30PM: The Bounty Hunter
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2PM: Tall Man Riding
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3:30PM: Shoot-Out at Medicine Bend
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

5PM: Ride Lonesome
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

6:30PM: Comanche Station
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

*Daily Cinema Selection:*
8PM: The Tall T
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9:30PM: Ride the High Country
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11:30PM: My Favorite Wife
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

1:15AM: China Sky
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

2:45AM: Bombardier
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

4:30AM: The Cariboo Trail
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon



          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: The Tall T
Can you believe it? There is a movie with Cary Grant on today (My Favorite Wife) and I did not choose it for today's Daily Cinema! I'm not so biased after all. Okay, I'm lying. I was looking at the plotlines for each movie, not the cast, and I liked the concept of The Tall T the most so I chose it. I didn't know Cary Grant was in My Favorite Wife until I was searching for it on Vudu to add it to the links and I recognized his face on the poster. When I saw it, I went to look at the plot for the movie again and considered changing my mind. LOL So I'm still biased, I just wasn't paying attention and honestly, I do like this movie concept better. Most of today's movies are Westerns and this one is no different, but TCM describes this particular film as being about a man who falls in love with a married woman who just happens to be somebody's hostage. How does something develop there? LOL So I have to see it. Here's the trailer:


Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796

*Today's Twitter tag is #ScottTCM.*

No comments:

Post a Comment