Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer Under the Stars Day 13: Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney gets his day in the spotlight today as the 13th star to be profiled for Summer Under the Stars!
I have seen a couple of movies that Mickey Rooney was in over the years; I first saw him in National Velvet with Elizabeth Taylor (which I believe will be on later this month when she is profiled), and I saw him in a movie he did a little bit before National Velvet but I forget the name. No, I'm lying. I didn't see National Velvet until I was an adult. The first time I saw Mickey Rooney was when he guest-starred on The Golden Girls as Sophia's fake-mobster boyfriend Rocco. LOL I was so young at the time though that I didn't realize how big of a coup that was for the show. I didn't learn about Mickey Rooney until I was a little older, but I still hadn't had the chance to see any of his movies until a couple of years ago. Let's see what the day has in store for us!


             ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's movies: (all times listed in EST)
6AM: Death on the Diamond
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

7:15AM: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

9:45AM: A Family Affair
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

11AM: Boys Town
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

1PM: Strike Up the Band
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

3:15PM: Summer Holiday
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

*Daily Cinema Selection:* 
5PM: Quicksand
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

6:30PM: The Strip
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

8PM: Girl Crazy
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon

10PM: The Human Comedy
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon

12:15AM: Requiem for a Heavyweight
Netflix | Vudu (purchase only) | Amazon

2AM: Pulp
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon (currently unavailable)

4AM: 80 Steps to Jonah
Netflix | Vudu | Amazon


          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Cinema Selection: Quicksand
I chose this because it keeps in theme with some of the other deceitful Daily Cinema Selections we've had so far, and also because I want to see how a simple mechanic gets dragged into a life of crime. That's a bit drastic. A lonely insurance salesman with a thing for blondes, I can see. A mechanic? I can't quite see how it would work. What exactly does this femme fatale want him to do? Steal, kill her husband, is she even married? This intrigues me quite a bit so that's why it is today's Daily Cinema Selection.


Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796


*#RooneyTCM and #atvdailycinema are our daily tags; #TCMSummer and #SUTS are the regulars!*

No comments:

Post a Comment