Monday, April 25, 2016

TNT Preview: Marriage--Italian-Style

Hi! I hope you had a fab weekend. I'm sorry I didn't get this up in time today; yesterday was insanely busy for me and I didn't wake up in time to get this done at our regular time. I'll get things back on track next week. Let's get to our last TNT for this month, the 1964 film Marriage, Italian-Style
Wikipedia
This classic Italian romantic comedy stars Sophia Loren as a prostitute named Filomena who plays the mistress to Marcello Mastroianni's Domenico, a successful businessman. Their relationship is on/off over the years but when Filomena discovers that Domenico plans to discard her in favor of marrying a younger woman, she pretends to be dying in an effort to force Domenico to marry her. Filomena has a secret of her own that she'd kept from Domenico throughout the years: she'd had three sons, one of whom belongs to Domenico, and their marriage would legitimize them. But to make sure that she keeps some of her cards close to the vest, Filomena refuses to tell Domenico which of the three is his son. Here's a trailer:

Marriage--Italian Style is not our regular TNT, so it'll be on just a little later than normal. Instead of 8pm EST as usual, this will air at 9:45pm EST, so if Thursday is your busy day for television you might want to DVR this one. If you'd rather stream or rent it online, here's where you can find it:


Amazon Instant | Hulu | Epix | Fandor | Amazon ($2.00/rent or $9.99/buy) |
This is our last light movie for a little while; I've taken a peek at May's TNTs and we've got a more serious month of movies ahead of us so I'm going to enjoy our last bit of comedy for a few weeks. I hope you're having a wonderful Monday and I'll see you soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment