Monday, June 15, 2015

TNT Preview: The Fly

Howdy! I hope your weekend went well. Let's get into this week's TNT, the 1958 horror flick The Fly.

This sci-fi horror stars Al Hedison as a scientist who, after experimenting with mixing DNA, has to deal with the repercussions of his actions after one of those experiments results in turning him into a fly/human hybrid. Patricia Owens stars alongside Hedison as the scientist's wife, and Vincent Price (I know him as the deliciously horrifying voice speaking over the greatest music video of all time, Michael Jackson's Thriller) stars as the scientist's brother in this now cult-classic that birthed two sequels. Here's the trailer:


I have heard many things about this movie over the years, and none of them were good. I shudder to think about the special effects. Well, shudder...and am sort of intrigued by the thought of....the special effects. LOL The Fly will be on at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST this Thursday. If you'd like to stream it online, here's where you can find it for free:
Netflix | YouTube


Next week we have a previous TNT airing at our regular time, the 1967 dramedy classic Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, and with it also being my brother's birthday I just decided to give TNT the night off. I hope that's alright; if you've been here for awhile then you already know I hate featuring the same TNT more than once. So hopefully we won't have too many more repeats and we can get back to regular next week. If you haven't seen that movie though, you really should. Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and Sidney Poitier made a gem together; there's a reason why it is now a classic. Anywho, let me stop rambling. See you soon!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment