Monday, August 12, 2013

TNT Preview: The Macomber Affair

This week's TNT brings us The Macomber Affair, a 1947 adventure flick starring the day's featured star, Gregory Peck, alongside Joan Bennett and Robert Preston.
I don't want to read too much into the film because I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but from the little bit that I did read, Gregory Peck stars as an adventurer who takes a married couple (Bennett & Preston) on safari and somewhere along the way, a love triangle that eventually turns fatal develops. I actually expected Peck to be the husband here, so I wonder how everything's going to play out. Is he the aggressor in this affair, or is she? I'm intrigued. At first I didn't think Gregory Peck would take any 'bad guy' roles, but then I saw Duel in the Sun. LOL So scratch that. He played it just as excellently as he did Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. He was a little more attractive as the womanizing Lewt though. For shame. LOL I couldn't find a trailer for it on YouTube or TCM, so I grabbed a movie clip from the latter instead. Here it is:
Catch this with me on Thursday at 8pm during Gregory Peck's day on Summer Under the Stars!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available on Netflix
Not available on Vudu or Amazon

*Don't forget, if you're on Twitter you can live tweet with me, just use the hashtag #atvTNT so I can see your posts!*


No comments:

Post a Comment