Monday, August 5, 2013

TNT Preview: Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ

This week's TNT brings us another silent film, this time 1925's Ben-Hur as TCM's Summer Under the Stars profiles the star, Ramon Novarro, on Thursday.
Not only have I never seen the original Ben-Hur before, I did not know that it was a silent film, and I did not know the Charlton Heston version was actually a remake. This reminds me, in terms of clothing and time period, of The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra or Jason & The Argonauts, the latter of which was a TNT selection last month if you remember. Ben-Hur, according to TCM's brief synopsis, stars Novarro as a rebellious Israelite prince who crosses paths with the Messiah during his quest for revenge. I am interested in how such a drama can be played out without needing dialogue, so I'm intrigued. I couldn't include a trailer in this post for some reason, but you can always look for it on YouTube.

Don't forget to watch this with me on Thursday at 8pm on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available on Netflix's Instant Queue
Available to rent from Vudu for $2.99SD /$3.99HD /$4.99HDX
Available to rent from Amazon Instant Video for $2.99

*Our new Twitter tag for TNT is #atvTNT, so don't forget to tag your related posts with it!*

No comments:

Post a Comment