Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TNT Preview: Safety Last!

This week brings us our first silent film, 1923's Safety Last!, starring Harold Lloyd. I'm really excited for this movie; I've seen a few silent flicks myself and I didn't think I'd enjoy them but I really did.
This silent is about a man having to make the risky decision to climb a skyscraper in order to win a prize for a store's gimmick. Judging by the photo above, the title of this flick is an obvious play on what actually happens in the movie. I am really interested to see a silent rom-com and how he ends up dangling from that clock, so let's take a gander at the trailer from this year's re-release of the film. 



Watch it with me this Thursday at 8PM EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not on Netflix's Instant Queue
Not on Vudu or Amazon Instant Video

No comments:

Post a Comment