Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TNT Preview: Back from Eternity

*Mandy's note: I'm aware that this isn't in the 8pm slot for our regular TNT. That night, there's a feature on Clint Eastwood-directed movies and the movie that falls somewhere between the regular TNT time is from 1990, which isn't vintage to me. Old school eh, vintage not so much. Without too much explanation, if its '70s and earlier, its vintage. '80s and '90s aren't quite there yet. That's just my opinion. If you're interested, you can watch the movie, it's called White Hunter, Black Heart.

Moving on....

May's final TNT introduces us to 1956's Back from Eternity, starring Anita Ekberg, Gene Barry, Robert Ryan & Rod Steiger.
I love the little caption above Anita Ekberg's head. LOL This movie is about a group of people who get stranded in South America and later find themselves on the run from headhunters. According to the Wikipedia for the movie, this is loosely based off of 1939's Five Came Back, with Lucille Ball and Chester Morris, so if by chance any of you have seen that movie, you should be able to tell a little of what we're getting into with Back from Eternity. I can tell this movie is going to be drastically different from last week's Safety Last!. And so we end the month of May on a dramatic note. Peep the trailer:
Watch it with me this Thursday at 6pm EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available on Netflix's Instant Queue
Not available for rent on Vudu or Amazon Instant Video

I'll have the Month in Review up either not long after this movie or at the beginning of the month. I believe there is one movie I have not watched in full just yet due to personal situations, so I have to catch up on that one for the review. See you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment