Saturday, November 7, 2015

Instagram Shops p.6



Hi! So now that Octoberfest is over, I can finally get back to showing off all the shops I've found in the meantime. I've noticed an explosion of vintage shops on Instagram over the past couple of months; when I was doing this at the end of the summer I found myself coming up short and now there's an entirely new crop of shop accounts. Some are just displaying what's for sale on the shop's Etsy or website accounts, while others are exclusively on Instagram. Again, I doubt that most of these are new, they're probably just new to me. lol Anyway, off to the 'Gram!



1. Ava Vintage Boutique (@ava_vintage_boutique)

 
More sequins, never enough 💫✨ perfect for the upcoming festive season! by @ava_vintage_boutique

I thought of this for the holidays. If you're going for a more casual look, something with jeans, cigarette pants or slim-fit slacks, I think this top would be cute and the detailing on the shirt makes it a bit more fun. I'm not normally one for sequins as I hate how the garment looks once the sequins start to shed, but because this isn't a shirt I'd wear all the time, I would imagine that the upkeep would be easier. Ava Vintage is an Australian vintage shop that specializes in dresses from different decades, but if you're into floral printed, flowy dresses, you should be able to find something at Ava Vintage that's to your liking. I love the variety in prints that you can find here; many of the pieces are vibrant and colorful, which is another thing I like. 






2. Animal Head Vintage (@animalheadvintage)

 
just listed // looks like a mod 60's shift dress, but it's a jacket //small // ^^ shop link in profile ^^ // #vintage #vintagestyle #vintagefashion #vintageshop #vintageclothing #vintagefinds #vintageforsale #vintagelife #vintagelover #vintageshopping #60scoat #60sjacket #mod #60sshift #60sfashion #twiggy #60smod by @animalheadvintage

 Animal Head Vintage is a newer shop on the 'Gram and what I loved about this shop was how each product was modeled by someone wearing an animal mask. I thought it was a really unique touch and I like it. So far, the shop is full of dresses that are great for everyday wear, but with the colder weather I've seen more jackets for sale, which brings me to this beaut here. I am in love with this jacket, which is a really classy light brown coat with two front pockets. I wish I could see the sides and back, but I think it's awesome for this in-between weather. It's not quite cold enough here in Texas to break out the body-swallowing jackets, but it's definitely not warm enough anymore for me to leave the house without something on my arms. This isn't too thick, so I won't sweat to death if I wear this with a light shirt underneath. I would love to pair this with a pair of cigarette pants or slim-fit jeans and apparently others are in agreement, since the comment left on the photo said the same thing. How would you style this? 






3. No Carnations Vintage (@nocarnationsvintage)

 
Vintage Ume Pearl sweater. Size M. Super soft cashmere or angora. Just listed! by @nocarnationsvintage

I'm digging this fuzzy sweater. I love the necklace detail in the front of the sweater, and I like the slightly slouchy feel that it has. This is a much subtler way to be festive, I think, since fuzzy sweaters like this seem to be a trademark of the holiday season. This would be good with a number of bottoms, from circle skirts to slacks, and looks to be infinitely more comfortable than the typical holiday sweaters. I just hope this isn't one of those sweaters that sheds everywhere. But anyway, I found No Carnations a couple of weeks ago and it's a healthy mix of everyday and party dresses. I've been seeing a crop of kimonos and haoris in the shop recently and I'm in love with all of them. I also see quite the collection of awesome hats and headpieces; this beaded macrame headdress was at the top of my list. I've never seen anything like it. Everything in this shop is very well taken care of and the items are a mix of different styles and decades, so if you're in the market for something to wear for the holidays, No Carnations has a healthy variety of eye candy to choose from. 









4. Lantana Vintage (@lantanavintage)

 
If you wear an extra small and live in cold climate, this dress is for you! Check out that button up funnel neck- so cozy. 34" bust 25" waist $52 by @lantanavintage

The neckline on this is what made me fall in love with it. I'm not entirely sure if this is a dress or a coat, because it looks like it could do double duty as a coatdress (I'm sure there's an actual name for it but I don't think that's it lol). I love jackets, especially long ones, with the closure being a series of buttons rather than a zipper. But that neckline. The amount of internal plotzing that took place when I saw it is ridiculous. It looks gorgeous both ways but my favorite is with the neckline buttoned up. I love everything about it, from the material to the structuring to the neckline. I found Lantana Vintage recently and if you're into clothing from the '20s on through the '60s, there are a number of dresses to look at. I'd recommend this shop for the gal who's serious about her vintage. 






5. Bohemian Bisoux (@bohemianbisoux)

 
New in the shop, & so pretty for the holiday season! 1950s olive taffeta & black velvet skirt by Brigance ✦ 27in waist by @bohemianbisoux

I'm really surprised that I like this as much as I do; the description was what ended up swaying me. This would be gorgeous for the holidays. While I love olive green (or almost any shade of green), I don't know that I'd ever want to own something where it's so prominent. This is a very green skirt. lol Also, since I have the distinction of being both small and clumsy, I'm always quite skeptical when it comes to skirts that are so voluminous. It doesn't take much to go from full to marshmallow bottomed, and it also doesn't take much to go from upright to the ground. LOL I would risk it for this skirt though, because I think it would be so beautiful to wear for a holiday-themed event. I just found Bohemian Bisoux earlier this week while browsing through someone else's shop, and I'm digging the hell out of it so far. If your thing is vintage shoes or hats, check out Bohemian Bisoux. I've been drooling over the hats, some of which have the huge feather off to one side, and the lingerie, although that's more for aesthetic purposes. As ladylike as I'd love to be, I can't sleep in anything frilly or lacy but I love looking at the pieces anyway. lol There's a lot in the shop from different decades for everyday wear; there are quite a few separates and more trousers than I'm used to seeing in other shops, and I like that.  






6. La Poubelle Vintage (@lapoubellevintage)

 
The perfect leather jacket just listed! Best fits an XS or S by @lapoubellevintage

Apparently, some badass part of me has decided to push her way up to the forefront, because now all of a sudden I really want a leather jacket. I dig the beat up aviator jackets, but I also like the sleeker, more polished jackets. This one is more on the polished side but still looks a little worn, which I like. I think what got me with this was the slim fit of the jacket and the buckles. I'm just thinking how sweet this would look with some jeans, boots and a scarf. La Poubelle is a shop that I found quite some time ago, but I'd already had the ten chosen shops for the last installment so I had to wait. I like this shop because it has so many structured dresses, and I don't see those nearly as much as I'd like. There are a lot of separate pieces in La Poubelle as well and if you're into velvet, I've been seeing it crop up bit by bit in the shop. 






7. The Wind & The Sun (@thewindandthesun)

 
Perfect Leather wallet/clutch (more photos to follow) 🌵 $20 shipped by @thewindandthesun

I found this shop because the owner followed me on IG while I was prepping for this post. If you're into random vintage goodies, i.e. old school t-shirts, accessories, books, home goods and the like, The Wind & The Sun is worth checking out. What I love the most about the shop is the original content. The owner makes custom crosstitch hoops with popular sayings on them, which gives them a throwback touch while remaining relevant. Crosstitching has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid but I never really saw others doing it, so not only is it nice to see that others are still crosstitching, but it's really cool to see someone doing such awesome stuff with it. I've wanted to make a hoop celebrating my favorite expletive, but haven't gotten around to it yet. This makes me want to start up again.






8. DustyDesert Vintage (@dustydesertvintage)

 
Vintage 1960s Dress / 60s Cotton Dress / Yellow and white jacquard print, Jacket and hat. Size Large. $44.- To visit store, please use link in BIO. If you like to use dircet checkout throug paypal please email me at dustydesert@icloud.com #vintage #etsy #dustydesert #vintage dresses #lingerie #vintage kimono #vintage shoes #retro by @dustydesertvintage

I struggled with trying to find a photo from this shop for the longest time, but not because I couldn't find anything I liked, but because I liked too many things. I'm beginning to accept that I have this problem with each shop that I feature. DustyDesert has a great variety of vintage offerings, from clothing and accessories to shoes and even pillowcases, which was a first for me to see. This poncho though was by far my favorite item in the shop, but unfortunately it had been sold awhile before I even found the shop. That extends to this dress, which has already been reserved, but it is lovely eye candy regardless. In my head, pillbox hats have become synonymous with Jackie Onassis, but I feel like this entire outfit puts me in the mind of her. Which means it's too classy for me. LOL She is a beaut to look at, though. 






9. The Vintage Mistress (@thevintagemistress)

 
New * Golden 60s Wiggle Dress by @thevintagemistress

I love this shop. It is full of all the beautiful things and you should go check it out. I want to buy just about everything I've seen in there so far. The Vintage Mistress specializes in different kinds of vintage clothing as well as bridal wear, and the wedding dresses are some of my favorite items. There is a gorgeous ice blue lined wedding dress that I'm obsessed with, then I saw a gold jacket that was just added to the shop, but I ultimately went with this gold floral dress because of the upcoming holiday season. This dress is classy and understated and you can wear it to other special occasions after the holidays are over. My favorite part of the dress is obviously the detailing under the bust and the folded material off to the side. It's simple but chic. My only issue with many vintage dresses is the choice in footwear. I can handle the coat, jewelry, hairdo and makeup. I just never know what kind of shoe looks best with a dress like this. Due to my relationship with the floor, I'd go with flats for both practical and comfort reasons, but as far as a heel, I have no idea what would look best. What shoes would you wear with this?






10. Revamped Glamour (@revampedglamour)

 
$15.00 2 piece Tea Cup and Saucer Flash Sale, Get 'em while they last Limited to item as shown What you see is what you get .... First Come, First Gets Shipped ! It's easy... 1. You claim the item send request to revampedglamour@gmail.com 2. You pay via PayPal 3. I Ship 4. You Enjoy🎉 Ready, Set... Leggooo #teaparlor #tea #teacuplover #teacupandsaucer #yestotea #hightea #queenstea #afternoontea #teatimegifts by @revampedglamour

Lastly, this cup and saucer set is from another newer shop on Instagram, Revamped Glamour. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I love the concept of using saucer sets as decoration in my room or at my desk. I saw a photo somewhere awhile ago with a cup and saucer set but the cup was actually a candle, and I loved that. The "Save all the old things!" part of me says no, don't do it, use it as decoration instead. The Tumblr part of me says to use it as a candle, and that's what I'd prefer to do since I won't be having tea in it--having wax in it prevents me from breaking touching it so it'll probably be the better route to go for me. If you're into knick-knacks, small accessories for the home or vintage jewelry, Revamped Glamour is beginning to accumulate quite the collection. 



Those were some of the shops I've found recently on Instagram. The next edition of the series is a little different; rather than the vintage shops that I usually show on here, I'd like to show off some gals who serve as great vintage inspiration for noobs like myself. I'm sorry that the descriptions don't vary too much, but these shops have legitimately some of the best curated collections of vintage items that I've seen, hence why I feature them. The items are all in awesome condition, all of these owners clearly care about what they sell and how they photograph what they have to offer, and the feeds are all regularly updated. In terms of how the shops are run, they're all the same in the ways that matter most, even though the things for sale vary greatly from shop to shop. I said all that to say that I apologize if you've been following this series from the start and most of the shop descriptions have started to sound like rhetoric at this point. I don't mean it to sound that way at all, but I'd like people who read this and don't follow these shops to know what great owners are behind these accounts. But anywho, that's all for now. I'll see you soon and I hope you're having a fab weekend!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment