Saturday, September 12, 2015

Instagram Shops p.4


So I'm finally back with another installment of vintage shops on Instagram. I meant to do this during Catch-Up July but once I started working on July's Vintage Spotlight I got distracted. I actually didn't end up posting that month's Spotlight because while I felt it had a lot of very valuable information, I had a lot of personal feelings about the topic and it seemed to be influencing the direction and tone of the post a little bit too much. I wanted it to be a fact-based post, not opinion-based, but I felt a little bit too strongly about it. Maybe I'll post it for the Year-End Roundup come December. Anywho, this post has been sitting on the sidelines since then, waiting for me to get back around to it and I finally have. Let's go to the 'Gram, shall we?


1. Victory Mills (@victorymills)
 
* n e w * 1970s Carwash Flares |xsmall/small by @victorymills

Summer and fall seem to be the seasons that I gravitate towards '70s fashion the most; the boho/hippie style will never grow old with me. I've been jonesing for the longest time for a pair of high-waisted flares similar to the ones in this photo from Victory Mills. The pants seem to be the stretchy material rather than the stiff denim and I love the style of the pockets. I really like the subtle flare of the legs as well. Victory Mills is a shop I found recently and their feed is one of my favorites to scroll through. A variety of fashion decades are profiled as well as different styles. You can just as easily find a party skirt as you can find more casual wear, and between the shots of the clothes are equally pretty pics of various surroundings. 






2. Dahlia Vintage (@dahliavintage)
 
New Identity cropped collared jacket, shoulder pads, marked size L, 100% cotton. So thick! Length: 20.5" Bust: 48" $46 shipped *To purchase, comment with email address: invoice will be emailed to you via PayPal. First email wins. ------------------ #DahliaVintageJackets #tops#shirts#tanks#tanktops#cami#retro#vintage#vintageclothes#retroclothes#boho#bohemian#hippie#shopping#instashop#igshop#boutique#shortsleeve#longsleeve#clothesforsale by @dahliavintage

Big, cozy sweaters are one of my favorite go-tos for fall. Any kind of sweater, really. I wonder why fall seems to be the season for sweaters when winter is still on the way. I guess it's because sweaters give way to parkas, coats and other body-engulfing outerwear options. Dahlia Vintage has a lot of really cute vintage finds for sale and could currently use any kind of help willing to be given; a car accident earlier this summer eliminated their only source of transportation so now everything is 50% off. You can also donate in lieu of buying from the shop. The prices weren't crazy expensive to begin with so you'd be getting a steal with anything you buy, and you get to help out a family in the process! 






3. Caramel Vintage (@caramelvintageshop)
 
New! 1940s cranberry rayon dress (xl with a 38" waist) 🍒 by @caramelvintageshop

I thought this cranberry dress was very appropriate for fall and I like that its more of a loose dress rather than something more structured. Another element of fall fashion for me is comfort, partially because it's finally starting to cool down and my first instinct during fall is to find a cozy corner somewhere and curl up in it with my tablet so I can read. I'm also a big fan of slouchy shirts and leggings during the fall and even though this is a dress, I like the look of it as an oversized shirt you could pair with some leggings. Caramel Vintage is another beautifully photographed shop that I found recently and it is chock full of so many dainty, frilly items that I could look at all day. 






4. Croatia Vintage (@croatiavintage)
 
NEW | 1940s Mocha Latte antique cotton knit dress #vintagedress #1940s #forties #antique #etsyvintage #vintagefashion #vlv #california #vintage #shopvintage #vintageshop by @croatiavintage

I love the look of this dress and am especially enamored with the fact that it has pockets. I feel like that latter addition may cause the hips of the dress to take on a different look depending on the wearer, but the shape of the dress in general reminds me a bit of a wiggle dress. The material looks soft rather than scratchy and I think this would look so classy paired with a lighter-colored trenchcoat. If you're a fan of dresses, especially those with fuller skirts or vivid prints, this is a shop you need to check out. The items are all in good condition, like most of the owners on here she keeps a very simplistic style to the photos she posts and responds quickly to inquiries. That's how it should be, if you ask me. 







5. Cut + Paste Vintage (@cutxpaste)
 
This cozy pile of fall plaids and knits will be coming soon to the shop! by @cutxpaste

Cut + Paste is one of the most beautifully photographed/styled shops on the 'Gram, but instead of selecting any of the wonderful fashion on there (and there was a lot lol), I chose this because it was an excellent hint into the upcoming fall season. The colors of the garments, the texture of the garments and the material used for them are all very fall-appropriate. I found Cut + Paste earlier this summer and this is another shop that features clothing from various decades. You can find fancy or casual wear in here, and from the bit I've seen lately it looks like part of their fall palette is in various shades of nudes and whites. I could be wrong but most of the colors seem to be in related color families. 






6. Hearts and Hearts Vintage (@heartsandheartsvintage)
 
Vintage Girl Scouts uniform. Bust-32"-34" Waist-26" Hips up to 38" Length-37" Small flaw on waist seam-seen in last photo. $20 plus shipping by @heartsandheartsvintage

I think choosing this outfit shows me that I am indeed growing in terms of my fashion choices in my descent into middle age. lol When I used to see Girl Scouts or other uniformed pieces in thrift stores, my first question was usually, "How would I wear that?" I felt like I wasn't savvy enough to understand how I could wear it out and still own it, if that makes any sense. But when I saw this, not only was I drawn to the military style color and cut, but I thought this would look really good with a pair of black leggings and maybe a pair of combat boots. Sort of like "The Badasses of Girl Scouts" or something to that effect. lol I just found Hearts and Hearts earlier this week and from the bit of perusing I've done, different decades are also featured, the items are in good condition, and the shop is updated frequently.  






7. Dalena Vintage (@dalenavintage)
 
Wear Together | One cape. Two hats. Which hat would you choose!? by @dalenavintage


Plaid seems to be one of those prints that for me, is synonymous with either a lumberjack or comfort. I didn't care for wearing it myself until earlier this year actually, and now I really want something plaid for the colder months. lol I love capes like this, it reminds me of wearing a blanket out in public and I still struggle with not doing that every winter. Who wouldn't want to wear a blanket out to run errands? I'd personally go with the green hat if I were to wear this cape. What would you choose? I recently found Dalena Vintage on IG, but the company isn't new to me. It was actually one of the shops I featured in my very first Etsy Files, so I thought it was kind of cool to find one of their feeds on the 'Gram. And even though it's been a couple of years, there are still a bunch of awesome finds to be seen. 






8. Amalgamated Clothing (@amalgamatedshop)
 
#1950s #Mexican #skirt with calla lilies in neutral earth tones. Soft cotton gently worn full circle skirt. Great vintage condition with a few tiny rust spots- will fit up to 28" waist. $120 with free US shipping. Will ship worldwide.#truevintage #vintage #alexandria #shopvintage call or email for questions by @amalgamatedshop

I was originally going to put up this beautiful printed skirt with a Native American man in full headdress on the front with a beautiful woman on the back, but I think this was more season appropriate. I love olive and all the darker shades of green for the colder seasons, but I also love calla lilies (I don't care what dirty jokes people make about them lol) so when I saw them on this skirt, I fell in love. I was thinking an off-white or cream crop top for a modern twist; a short-sleeved plain button down or a plain, fitted sweater if we're keeping it vintage. Amalgamated's feed is quickly becoming one of my favorite feeds to go through, mainly because you never know what could go up for sale. An old school t-shirt could hit the feed as quickly as a '50s printed circle skirt, a set of unique brooches as quickly as an old school Hawaiian print shirt. I love the variety in the shop.





9. Retro Rhapsody (@retrorhapsody)

 
obsessed #nowonetsy by @retrorhapsody

I've been coming around bit by bit to understanding how to wear kimonos, but I think this would be cute with a tank, jeans and a porkpie hat. I wanted to call it a fedora, but I knew that wasn't it so I had to look up the correct name. Porkpie hat. That's cute. lol How do you think this would look with the high-waisted jeans in the first photo? Retro Rhapsody has hit near obsession levels with me because I love Kenia's (the owner) sense of style, the items for sale, and on a random note, we've had a Pyrex bowl identical to this one for my entire life. lol 






10. Hungry Heart Vintage (@hungryheartvintage)
 
NEW! #1950s Alfred Shaheen Dress (now, this dress was originally my mother-in-laws, so whoever buys it has to promise to send me a photo I can show her, capisce?) #vintage #etsy #hawaiian #50sfashion #chicagovintage #vintagefashion #etsyvintage #vintagedress #alfredshaheen by @hungryheartvintage

And finally, this was my thumb to the nose to the whole "no white after Labor Day" rule that I'm not sure anyone follows. I have a strict "no white at anytime" rule, but that's different and a personal decision. lol On to the dress, though. Isn't she a beaut? This would be nice for an end-of-summer party, or something you wear on vacation to a beach somewhere. I love the little bolero it comes with but I always worry about the boleros with sleeves like this; are they restricting at all when it comes to moving your arms? I had a small jacket like this when I was younger, but I could barely move my arms for fear of ripping it at the shoulders. Hungry Heart is another shop I just found this week, but it's become something I'm determined to get all the way through; I'm in love with both the clothes and the candids. 


That wraps things up for me here for now; I hope you enjoyed this collection of shops and were able to find a new shop to your liking. I didn't forget about August's edition of the series; it'll be up next Saturday. When I first started putting this list together, I actually started to struggle a little bit because while there are tons of shops on Instagram, some are just starting out and don't have too many posts, while others have stagnant feeds. I try to keep it to shops that have a steady presence on IG so I don't end up directing you to dead accounts; I hope that's okay with you. Anyway, I'll see you soon!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment