Wednesday, March 25, 2015

From the Amazon Files...


Howdy all! Our Etsy Files for the month should be up sometime this week, and there are still a couple of other posts I want to squeeze in before month's end so let's see if that works out for me. lol Now that St. Paddy's is over, I'm sort of over my green craze--for now, green is my favorite color though so we'll see how long that lasts lol--so I didn't have a set theme for this collection of photos. It's gotten a little bit harder to embed photos since Amazon got rid of their Collections feature, so I don't know if it's time to look for another Files source or not. We'll see. Let's get started!
http://www.amazon.com/Maggie-Tang-Womens-Vintage-Rockabilly/dp/B00NTVPRFA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1427270955&sr=8-12&keywords=vintage
Maggie Tang Rockabilly Dress in White Cherry, $39.99
I love the silhouette of this dress. I like that there are cherries on the dress but the print isn't overwhelming. It's not just, bam! cherry dress. I really adore this kind of dress, I think it's good for spring, and I need one in my life. I love how the bottom flares out like that, but I don't think a crinoline slip is absolutely necessary as it would probably look fine without it. It's warm enough here most days to wear this alone, but a light cardigan would still look fine. I want it.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PRT35I-Telephone-Charger-iPhone/dp/B009SJNQKK/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1427313042&sr=8-43&keywords=vintage
Pyle Retro Home Telephone with Dock Charger for iPhone or iPod, $75.99
Plotzing! I adore this phone so stinking much it is unreal. I'm not an iPhone user and haven't used my iPod in I don't even know how long (Seriously, my iPod is so outdated there's no more support for it and I can't download anything on it anymore. I think it's a 1st gen.). But I don't care. This would be such a great addition to an office or library. I'm loving the finish of the wood & the detached keypad. The only thing I would change is I would have a rotary dial rather than a touch dial system.





http://www.amazon.com/Deco-79-Hanging-22-Inch-18-Inch/dp/B0062BQ8T8/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1427316612&sr=1-3&keywords=vintage+home+decor
Deco Style Metal 18" and 22" Birdcages, $40.20
I'm aware that what I'm about to say is probably really corny, but I don't care. One of my favorite hobbies and relaxation methods is feeding birds. In the mornings and evenings during every season except for winter, one of my guilty pleasures is sitting outside, with nothing to keep me company except for a chorus of chattering wild pigeons and a bunch of bread. I know that bread probably isn't the best nutritional option for them, but its either that or cookies, the latter of which I'm not open to share. lol I would love to have these birdcages hanging in my backyard, but not so I can keep a bird. As much as I love the design of birdcages, I feel like I'd be trapping a bird by placing them in one and I don't like that very much so I'd put these up in the yard but remove the door. lol A repurpose tip I've seen with these that I really like is to hang these in the backyard, but have shrubs and flowers in it rather than a bird. I like that concept a lot. 
Quickway Imports Old World Map 2pc. Suitcase Set, $102.99
If you've been here for awhile then you already know how I feel about Old-World styled maps. There was actually a 3pc. suitcase that I was going to put on here first, but then I saw this one and duh...why wouldn't I have chosen this one instead? The way this set was designed made it look lived in, like it had stories to tell, and that is one of my favorite parts of anything vintage or old. It'd be a quirky addition to the living room, office or even bedroom, if it suits the design. I really like the contrast of the light map design with the darker leather accents. 
$9.99 for Kindle, $20.00 for Paperback
The title of this book cracks me up. I really want it because old school dishes like spotted dick have always been a mystery to me. Who came up with the name 'spotted dick,' first of all? Secondly, why??? lol If you've had spotted dick, how was it? This book touches on some of those older dishes with strange names and hopefully provides a bit of backstory on their creators and when the dishes were created. 
Kayamiya 1920s Flapper Inspired Ombre Tassel Dress, $35.99
Apparently, I'm still on a '20s/'30s kick and I think this dress is the bee's knees. Loving the ombre effect and the sparkly tassels at the bottom, I'm loving the braided neckline, and I like that the dress underneath is a solid black. I don't feel the need to pair a necklace with this dress, but a sparkly, feathered hairpiece would look sweet. I'm glad the fringe goes around the back as well. That's one complaint that I did have with a lot of fringed or beaded flapper dresses; they're often really busy in the front but rather plain in the back so hopefully this repro looks the same in the back. The top half of the ombre comes in different colors but I prefer this one. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/Camellias-Steampunk-Underbust-Corset-Cincher/dp/B00PAXH9Q0/ref=cts_ap_1_fbt
Camellia's Steel Boned Steampunk Underbust Corset
Waist Cincher, $32.99
I saw a steampunk-inspired corset first, but then I came across this underbust corset and fell in love. This particular underbust corset is very simple in design, not as complicated as many of the other steampunk-inspired corsets I've seen, but still has many of the design elements I like. I'd feel like a Victorian, swashbuckling pirate wench with a badass waist in this corset. LOL You can wear a number of different colored shirts with this corset, and same for the types of bottoms. This would make for an awesome steampunk cosplay costume. 
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LHYZG2A/?ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_.qZevb1D7BV2K
Steampunk & Lolita Inspired Birdcage Skirt, $76.90
While we're on the topic of steampunk, here is a steampunk/Lolita-inspired birdcage skirt. It's a bit more gothic than my normal choices, but I think the fact that it's not something I would normally choose is exactly why I was drawn to it. This has a metal, sort of machinery-inspired birdcage on the front, with a couple of birds around it and the steampunk staple of gears. It gives me such a Hitchcock, "The Birds" vibe...and I kinda like it. It's dark, it's moody, and seems to be in need of leggings, booties and a dark lip. I would love to be the Wednesday Addams of my family for a day and wear this right in the middle of a bright, clear Texas spring. lol 
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Crocheted-Vintage-Inspired-Romantic/dp/B00PZ10VNK/ref=sr_1_124?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1427322243&sr=1-124&keywords=vintage+bohemian
1920s Inspired Crocheted Sheer
Romantic Slip Dress in Dusty Rose, $30.98
What drew me to this dress was the obvious Art Deco, sort of flapper inspired design. I love that it's in a light, spring-friendly color like dusty rose rather than the darker colors that have become the trademark of that time period. I also like that its crocheted. I believe I mentioned this in a previous Files post a long time ago, but I'm sort of new to the crochet fashion thing. I hated it as a kid with the exclusion of one item of clothing. lol Over the past couple of years though, I've started to like it more and I think it was executed really well in this dress. 
Vintage State Fair Bingo Game, $42.99
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are few games I enjoy more than bingo. I think it's a great family game and it's not half as long as Monopoly (I swear, there are children conceived and born faster than it takes to complete a game of Monopoly). This old school version has the wood boards rather than the bingo chips, so if you've got a rowdy family like mine prone to throw these at each other, be careful. lol  I love having a game night with the family with some snacks and a game. My siblings are pretty competitive though, so we should probably stick with something safe like bingo. lol 


And that wraps things up for me today. This was such a random list. It was pretty difficult to compile this list, and I think it's time for me to switch out this set of Files for another. I kept stumbling on images I'd used in other posts, the search for certain items produces nothing, and I had to pin all of my entries onto Pinterest first so that an image link could be generated, then take that link and embed it here. Meh. I don't love Amazon enough to do all that work. lol Thankfully, I have a month to figure out what's going to replace the Amazon Files, but this will probably be the last month that you'll see this set. Anywho, don't forget our final TNT for the month is tomorrow evening; if you decide to share your thoughts on the movie on Twitter don't forget to tag your tweets with #atvtnt so I can see them. Happy Hump Day and I'll see you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment