Thursday, July 31, 2014

SUTS Day 1: Jane Fonda

TCM chose Jane Fonda to begin this year's Summer Under the Stars promotion. 
Source
I'm not going to bore you all with a paragraph of mostly me mentioning how I know nothing about the day's featured star or their movies like I did last year. I decided to do things much simpler this time around. I'm just going to include the featured actor/actress's picture in case you're unfamiliar with them (as I still am with many of them LOL), the day's lineup and our choice for Daily Cinema with some viewing options. Any first-time premieres that TCM is doing this month will be in bold so that you can make sure to catch them. All movie times are listed in EST. If I can find them on Netflix or YT for free, I'll include those links as well in case you're in a situation like me and can't watch all of the day's films. Moving on though, here's today's lineup:
6:00 AM Tall Story (1960)
7:45 AM Period of Adjustment (1962)
 9:45 AM Walk on the Wild Side (1962) 
 11:45 AM In the Cool of the Day (1963)
 1:15 PM The Chapman Report (1965)
 3:45 PM Sunday in New York (1963)
 5:45 PM The China Syndrome (1979)
 8:00 PM AFI Lifetime Achievement Award: A Salute to Jane Fonda (2014)
 9:15 PM Cat Ballou (1965) 
 11:00 PM AFI Lifetime Achievement Award: A Salute to Jane Fonda (2014)
12:15 AM Klute (1971) 
 2:15 AM Any Wednesday (1966) 
 4:15 AM Tout va bien (1972)

Unfortunately, I didn't find any of these movies on Netflix or YT so I won't be able to join you for today's Daily Cinema, and I chose the 1963 rom-com Sunday in New York. Jane Fonda plays a young, newly single music critic. She visits her brother (Cliff Robertson) and confides her troubles to him, then decides to take New York by the horns, until her ex-boyfriend (Robert Culp) returns. I thought it would be a funny way to start out SUTS, and by the time this posts Sunday in New York should be getting ready to air, so you'd better hurry to DVR it! Have an awesome Friday and I'll see you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment