Wednesday, May 7, 2014

From the eBay Files....


Howdy folks! For this month's edition of the eBay Files, I don't really have a set theme. I'm going through some cabin fever at the moment, more specifically I would just like to have my own cabin. lol So my head's been in the home decor clouds, picking out random pieces that would probably make no aesthetic sense if thrown together in a room. I'm trying to figure out how I would decorate my own place, so I'll take a random piece of furniture I like and see if I can design a theme/color scheme/furniture arrangement off of it. That's probably what most of this edition's selections will be....but I have said that before and later gone back on my word. Actually, I went back on my word shortly after typing the first part of that sentence. What I first typed was that I probably wouldn't be bothering to look at clothes because I just didn't feel like it, but then I saw an apron on eBay that I thought was cute and figured I should probably revise my statement just in case. lol Anywho, let's go peruse eBay!




China Cabinet, $2,000
Oh my lawdy lawd I thought this was so precious when I saw it. I'm all for the furniture with the carvings and the rich wood finishes like this one. The shelves are adjustable, which I like. I honestly couldn't see owning one of these in my own home; I'm a little too no-fuss...and clumsy...to own something this elegant. I also don't have anything of such high value that I'd need to lock it in a display case like this. But it's still a treat for my eyes. I can see my grandma having owned something like this; she had a gorgeous collection of old porcelain Chinese & Japanese dolls and they would have been showcased wonderfully in this cabinet. Love the little drawers at the bottom as well. 










Vintage Countertop Hand Crank
Ice Crusher Machine in Avocado,
$8.49
OMG how nifty is this thing! I would probably run the damn thing into the ground making ice all the time just so I could use the hand crank. When I first saw the finish, the color and the crank, I put this as being a '70s piece and the owner described it as late '60s-early '70s so score one for me. I think I'm getting better at identifying when some of these pieces were made. The owner mentioned a few scuffs, a crack due to age and that the suction on bottom no longer works, but none of them sound too bad. I would love something like this in my kitchen. 










Set of 2 Candy Apple Vinyl Chrome Dining Chairs, $110
I'm not usually a fan of diner-style chairs and tables except for when I'm actually at a diner. As far as for my home goes though, I don't care much for them. But these chairs were adorable. I love the coloring of the chairs; I wouldn't use them for dining though. I'd probably use them for accent or porch seating instead but I like how they manage to look both sturdy and comfy with a light throwback feel to them. 










Mid Century Italian Glass Lamps, $760
I love this shade of blue. To me it's somewhere between a robin's egg blue and a sky blue, but either way I think they would look so cute on a set of side tables. I think because of the gold plating at the bottom you could do a gold lampshade, or you could just go with a cover that would complement the blue. Personally I'd go with either a tan, white or glittery shade but that's just me. For being mid-century these lamps are in great shape, especially being that they are glass. I think they're unique and can either be accent or showcase pieces. Love them. 










Vintage 40s Italian Chandelier, $134
I think this would look beautiful if it was in either a really feminine looking home or in one of those fancy walk-in closets. This chandelier is from the '40s and for being as old as it is, it's in fab condition. It's so dainty and feminine, maybe a bit too dainty for the style of home I'd like, but in my dream home where there's a massive closet, I'd put this chandelier in there. I think the roses are such a unique touch to dangle from the chandelier rather than the typical crystals, pearls or lights. I'm in love. 










1950s Postcards in 32 Bulk Set, $9
As I've mentioned, I think vintage advertising and graphics are amazeballs. I like this set of postcards partially because I love looking at the design, but I also like them because I think they'd make for some unique and sort of quirky artwork for my walls. I guess this would be murder for the vintage purists, but I would paste several of these together in a collage and frame them. They're good conversation pieces for those who don't see vintage stuff often, and they're too cute to keep hidden. They'd also be cute coffee table pieces. Well, to me, anyway. 










http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-THREE-VINTAGE-TRAYS-NEW-IN-BOX-/301173745472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461f5aa740
Set of 3 Unused Vintage Trays, $1
I originally was going to feature a set of vintage TV trays, but I didn't like the condition that they were in so I was searching for more when I found these. I think these are more decorative than TV trays but either way I like them a lot. They're simple in design, still elegant, and I've been wondering for awhile how I could use them as a decor piece in my house. I saw a YT video a couple of months ago from one of the personalities I follow, and on one of her accent tables she had a tray similar to this one with various things placed on top. It was a pretty good idea, so I'm open to giving it a go with these. They're still at their opening bid price, so I don't expect them to stay at $1 for long.










Marilyn Monroe Advertising Purse for
The Seven Year Itch, $20
I saw this purse and fell in love. Apparently this was an advertising piece given out to promote The Seven Year Itch before it debuted and since that movie was made an easy 50+ years ago, the condition of this bag is excellent. The Seven Year Itch is one of my favorite movies and I'd love a bag like this. The price isn't bad, either. I know that there aren't a ton of these bags floating around, so I think it would be awesome to have one. You'll find so many other classic movie buffs with something like this, which is also cool. Great convo starter. 









Mid-Century Adrian Pearsall Havana Lounge Chair, $225
I keep coming across Adrian Pearsall designs when I do these posts, and I've found so many pieces that I fell in love with while I was looking. This is a havana lounge chair and there are so many elements to it that I adore. Firstly, this is a super spacious chair; it would be great to curl up and read a book in. Secondly, I love the color. It's very vibrant and reminds me of a nail polish I have called Havana Nights; it's pretty much the same color as this chair. It's awesome for summer. Thirdly, I believe this is a swivel chair and I can't remember how many times I've gotten in someone's chair and spun myself to a blissful dizziness. In short, this chair is the business to me. I don't know where I'd put it, but I love it anyway. 









1950's Silver Metallic Brushstroke Wallpaper, $65
I think this wallpaper would be great for an accent wall. It was printed in the '50s and from the photos I saw of the listing, it's in excellent condition. I'd use this as an accent wall maybe in my office, or in the foyer at the front of the house. It's a subtle texture that could still be used today and I thought it was pretty without being fussy. I like. 



And that brings my welcome back eBay Files post to a close. I have to admit, not having to do these for nearly a month left me so out of practice. I ended up finding some goodies though...well in my opinion they're goodies. lol I was also pleased with the majority of the prices this time around; minus the larger furniture pieces I can actually afford the stuff I featured, which is pleasing to both my eyes and my wallet. LOL I loves my vintage, but mama's on a budget. And what do you know, I did not feature one item of clothing. An accessory, yes, but I kept my word and featured 0 clothing items. Miracles do happen after all. Don't forget, if you're watching tomorrow's TNT, tag your movie-related tweets with #atvTNT so I can see them!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment