Monday, June 20, 2016

TNT Preview: Latin Lovers

Howdy! This week our TNT is not at our regular time, so we're watching the 1953 romantic musical comedy Latin Lovers


Wikipedia


In this film, Lana Turner stars as Nora Taylor, an heiress feeling conflicted about her romantic lot in life. Despite being in a relationship with a wealthy man, she worries that her own wealth draws men to her for the wrong reasons. When Nora's boyfriend Paul (John Lund) takes a trip to Brazil, Nora decides to fly down after him to surprise him. It is in Brazil that Nora meets a man named Roberto (Ricardo Montalban) who makes her feel even more conflicted. Here's a trailer:




Latin Lovers will air this Thursday at an earlier time of 6pm EST and I couldn't find any links to stream this online, so this is one you'll have to DVR if you're busy or at work during the day. The reason why I chose an earlier film is because we're on a couple of Previous TNT Alerts; the film in our regular TNT slot is West Side Story, which we watched back in April, and the film after that is The Music Man, which was a TNT back on Independence Day a few years ago. If you're up very early in the morning, a former Daily Cinema pick, 1967's Wait Until Dark, will be airing.

So how've you been enjoying this unintentional break from me this month? lol I really wasn't intending to take any kind of break; I kinda just dropped off at the tail end of our rockabilly theme last month and haven't really made any kind of return yet. In a (long) sentence, my life has been kinda shit  the entire year but the level of hectic really kicked up in April and this is the first time that things are starting to slow down since then. Since it would seem that things are calming down for now, I wanted to get things right over on Random Reviews then come back here. 

With SUTS in August, I didn't want to overwork myself trying to do anything insane in July so I might just do another Catch-Up July and finally get all the old posts published. I haven't made up my mind yet. Either way, I'll be back soon, both to the blog and to Twitter during our TNT this week because I haven't live-tweeted a film in a couple of weeks. Anyway, per usual I hope you join me for this week's film and I'll see you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment