Monday, June 6, 2016

TNT Preview: The King and I

Hi! I don't believe I mentioned it last week, but our TNTs for June are mostly musicals. This week is no different; we'll be watching the 1956 film The King and I


Wikipedia

This film adaptation of the Broadway musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein stars Yul Brenner as The King of Siam alongside Deborah Kerr as Anna Leonowens. Anna and her son travel to the country of Siam for Anna's new job position as schoolteacher to the King's children, but she finds her greatest challenge is dealing with the King himself. They clash frequently over a number of things, but Anna continues to hold out hope that eventually they'll be able to see eye to eye. Here's a trailer:




The King and I will air at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST this Thursday. If you'd like to stream the film online instead, here's where you can rent or download it: 

Amazon Instant ($2.99) | Google Play Video ($2.99) | Vudu ($2.99) | iTunes ($14.99) | Playstation ($2.99) | Microsoft ($2.99) | YouTube ($2.99)


We're on Previous TNT Alert this week; the 1956 musical Carousel (which was a TNT back when I first relaunched the site in '13) will air right after The King and I. I wasn't a large fan of the film so I probably won't be re-watching it but if you didn't catch it when it was our TNT, now you'll have the chance. As always, I hope you join me and I'll see you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment