Monday, January 11, 2016

TNT Preview: Stand Up and Fight

Howdy! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. This week we'll be watching the 1939 Western adventure film Stand Up and Fight. 

Wikipedia

Stand Up and Fight takes place during slavery and pits an aristocrat against a man helping to transport stolen slaves on a railroad line. Robert Taylor plays the part of Blake, a Southerner on the brink of bankruptcy who has to sell his slaves to assist with some of his debts. Florence Rice co-stars as Susan, Blake's house guest who catches his eye. Wallace Beery plays the part of Blake's foil, one Captain Starkey, who battles with Blake for the majority of the movie as a larger story about the slaves on the railroad line comes into the open. I couldn't find a trailer on YouTube, so here's the official trailer from TCM:


Can I make a confession? I'm not really feeling our TNT options for this week, which is why this didn't go live this morning. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have a TNT this week when I saw what was on the schedule. Technically, we're on Previous TNT Alert because Gone With the Wind is our actual movie selection, but we watched that a few years back for Valentine's so I had to choose something different. The movie after GWTW doesn't come on until midnight EST, so I had to go for the film that aired before it. Stand Up and Fight airs at 6pm EST and I couldn't find anywhere else to stream it online, so it'd be best to catch it this Thursday. See you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment