Monday, December 28, 2015

TNT Preview: The Thin Man

Hi! We're at the last TNT of the year already, can you believe it? Our final TNT of 2015 falls on NYE so I don't expect many of you to be watching along with me (because I'm assuming most of you have that mythical thing they call a life) but if you'll be around for TNT, we'll be watching the 1934 suspense The Thin Man. 
Wikipedia

TCM is airing the full Thin Man series of films on New Year's Eve and this is the first movie in the lineup. The Thin Man stars William Powell and Myrna Loy as a married detective team who take on the case of a missing inventor, but put themselves in danger in the process. Here's the trailer:


The Thin Man will be on this Thursday at 8PM EST. On a smaller note, the first time I'd heard of The Thin Man was in a Looney Tunes cartoon. I remembered not knowing what it was and not really paying attention to it until I was older and could catch the irony in the titles on the books. But anywho, I want to say that one of the Thin Man movies, I think this one actually, has been featured on the site before as a Daily Cinema choice during SUTS. I'm putting up a new page this week with the previous years of SUTS that I've covered, so I'll find out then. Moving on, if you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can catch it:
iTunes ($17.99) | Vudu ($2.99) | Amazon Instant ($3.99)

I hope your holidays, however you celebrate them, were spent happily and surrounded by warmth, food and love. If you don't celebrate, I still hope you spent your weekend happy and warm. I'll see you soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment