Monday, November 16, 2015

TNT Preview: The Good Bad Man

Howdy! TCM has another silent film lined up for our TNT this week; this one the 1916 western The Good Bad Man

Source
The Good Bad Man is a twist on the Robin Hood story, but with a Wild West twist. Douglas Fairbanks stars as a cowboy version of Robin Hood nicknamed "Passin' Through" who robs from the rich to give to single mothers in need, all while on his own side mission. Sam De Grasse stars alongside Fairbanks as the movie's villain, a murderous man named Frazer who killed Passin' Through's mother long ago, then kidnapped the woman he loves. Passin' Through decides to hunt Frazer down, both to avenge the deaths of his mother and her husband and to save his love before she suffers an identical fate. 

I couldn't find a trailer or anywhere to safely stream The Good Bad Man online, so you'll have to catch it when it airs this Thursday at 8pm EST.  


Also, at 12MST this afternoon, I hope you'll be participating in the worldwide moment of silence in memoriam of the attacks that took place in Paris over the weekend. I find that I'm completely incompetent at finding something eloquent to say in times like these, so I'll just say that I send my condolences, prayers and well wishes to everyone affected by the events that took place. I wish there was more that could be done to help. My prayers are with everyone everywhere, actually, because these are some really scary times we're in. I'll see you soon. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment