Monday, July 20, 2015

TNT Preview: The Big Broadcast of 1936

Howdy! I hope you had a great weekend. This week is Spotlight Catch-Up, so prepare to be bombarded. Anyway, let's get to this week's TNT, shall we? We'll be watching the 1935 musical The Big Broadcast of 1936
Wikipedia
George Burns, Jack Oakie and Gracie Allen star in this musical comedy about a small-time radio broadcaster on the verge of losing his station and filing for bankruptcy. He decides to enter a competition with a monetary reward in an attempt to save the station, but somewhere along the way ends up encountering obstacles in the form of a beautiful woman, con men and other enemies. I'm not a big one for musicals (despite a couple of my favorite movies being musicals, lol) but the synopsis for this movie sounds like it's going to be completely nuts so I have to find out how everything plays out. Here's the trailer:
The Big Broadcast of 1936 will be on at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST this Thursday. I couldn't find anywhere to stream the movie online, so I'd suggest trying to catch this one when it airs. Hope you'll be joining me. See you soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment