Monday, March 23, 2015

TNT Preview: Heat Wave

'Ello! Hope you all had a good weekend; how was the first day of spring in your neck of the woods? I feel bad for complaining about my winter in TX when most of the country got blasted with snow for months, but I'm still glad the season is over. Anyway, this week's TNT is the 1954 crime drama Heat Wave.


Source


Originally a British film titled The House Across the Lake, Alex Nicol and Hillary Brooke star in this crime film about a blonde femme fatale who seduces a new neighbor and manipulates him into helping her get rid of her wealthy husband. Sounds like a redux of Double Indemnity to me. The movie isn't rated very favorably on TCM's website, so I can only hope that we're not doing a repeat of last week's theme, which was apparently part of a TCM-curated list of bad horror films. I couldn't find a full-length trailer of the film but I believe this is a clip:




Heat Wave will be on this Thursday at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST. I couldn't find any links to catch this online, and judging by the 1 out of 4 stars that the movie received, I'm wondering if maybe that's not a good thing. LOL If you choose to live-tweet the movie, don't forget to tag your movie-related tweets with #atvtnt so I can see them. 

OAN, I didn't forget about last week's Etsy Files but I went to the opera for the first time the night before with my sister, and while it was an exciting experience, it was also an exhausting one! lol I'd already been up for quite some time because I was trying to finish that Vintage Spotlight post I mentioned in last week's TNT, but while I was researching the stuff I wanted to put in the post, I realized that most of what I'd written was already public knowledge and wasn't being received well, so I chickened out. That's why it never got published. So after little sleep and all morning writing that post, then getting ready and battling an anxiety attack all afternoon then spending the entire evening at the opera (we went to see Tosca, it was amazeballs!), by the time I finally got home, the last thing on my mind was prepping a post so I didn't do it. I felt awful on Wednesday so I wasn't trying to bother with my laptop too much, and after that....well, to be honest, I just didn't feel like it. I had a couple of posts on my review blog that I needed to get finished, and even though I love the Files series overall, sometimes I get a little bored with them. So that one's all on me. It'll be up this week and with any luck, so will the Vintage Spotlight once I decide on a new subject to cover. I'll be caught up by this time next week though. 

Anywho, just wanted to drop that quick note instead of creating an entirely new post about it. I hope you enjoy your Monday and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment