Monday, June 9, 2014

TNT Preview: Magnificent Obsession

This week's TNT is the 1954 romantic film Magnificent Obsession, starring TCM's featured star for the month, Rock Hudson, alongside Jane Wyman and Barbara Rush.
Wikipedia
This movie is based off of the 1929 book of the same name by Lloyd C. Douglas. This was the second movie based off of the novel; the first was made back in 1935 and starred Irene Dunne and Robert Taylor. The '54 version stars Hudson as the main character, a spoiled playboy whose actions unintentionally cause the death of a respected area doctor, and later more trauma for the widow that the doctor left behind. He commits to turning his life around, trying to correct the wrongs he's done. I don't want to spoil the plot, so I'll just stop talking here and give you the trailer:
Magnificent Obsession will be on at our regular TNT time this Thursday at 8pm on TCM. 
Channel Listings:

Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Online streaming: Netflix | Vudu | Amazon (currently unavailable) | YouTube (you can find it on there in portions, but not in one full video)
I'm still dealing with my Empty Pockets Syndrome, so sadly I still won't be able to join you for TNT this week. It's been nearly two months; this is awful! You know the drill though, if you do decide to watch the movie and you're on Twitter, tag your movie-related tweets with #atvTNT so I can see them! I'll see you back here on Wednesday!
*quick note, I'm sorry this went up late...in addition to my EPS which has yet again spread over to my laptop and is causing me more problems, I'm going through some tough times personally....yet again. Shocker, right? lol Anyway, said problems combined with one of my brother's graduation ceremonies today got me off track but I'll be on time from here out. See you Wednesday!*
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment