Thursday, June 6, 2013

TNT Preview: Bride of Frankenstein

June's first TNT brings us 1935's Bride of Frankenstein, starring Boris Karloff, Elsa Lanchester and Colin Clive. This is the first sequel to 1931's Frankenstein.
BoF picks up right where the original left off, and quite obviously involves the creation of Frankenstein's mate, the Bride. Now I've seen 1994's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but I've never seen the original or this sequel before so despite my dislike of horror films I'm rather excited. The closest I've come to seeing a vintage horror flick was King Kong, and I want to see how the graphics and the horror come across in the film. Today's horror films are more gory and I definitely do not like those, but as a whole I know film was more conservative then so I want to see how that plays into the horror flicks being made almost a hundred years ago. If you remember a few of the other flicks we've watched for TNT, the gory or shocking parts that would be included in today's movies were cleverly done off-screen. We saw this in both Compulsion where the boy was killed off-screen, and in last week's Back from Eternity, where the old couple was shot at the end of the flick, also off-screen. I know many of you who watch a lot of horror films have probably seen this already as this is supposed to be one of the old greats, but I haven't so I'm excited. lol I'll be so disappointed if I end up bored instead of scared. LOL Here's the trailer:
Catch Bride of Frankenstein with me tonight at 8pm EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available on Netflix's Instant Queue
Available to rent from Vudu for $2.99SD/$3.99HD/$4.99HDX
Available to rent from Amazon's Instant Video for $2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment