Thursday, October 27, 2016

Octoberfest 2016: Repro Vintage Halloween Fashion #2


Howdy! Last year, I did a roundup of some of my favorite fashions from various repro sites that I follow, so I wanted to do another one this year. I love the holiday lines that the companies come out with and I rounded up a few of my favorites to show you. I hope you enjoy!




I think PUG's line of Halloween clothes and accessories is probably my favorite to look through, partially because its the main one I see. lol But it's also because the fashions are so cute every year, and I can tell that there's an effort to consistently bring something new to the prints and styles in the collection. There will probably be more entries from PUG than the other shops, so I hope that's okay. 







This dress is so cute! I love the low neckline, even though I have absolutely nothing to put in it, and this is a random detail but I also love the button detailing in the black waist panel. The pumpkin border in the skirt, however, is by far my favorite part of this dress. With a cardigan (or some kind of material you could pin in the front to make the neckline SFW), this would be cute for work. I actually like that the dress is primarily red; it brings out the other seasonally-appropriate colors.






Isn't this little clip the cutest? I didn't fully check out the description to see any details about the clip because the minute I saw it I knew it was going in this post, but I wonder if the little legs move. That'd be even cuter. There's not too much to say about this. It's a fitting accessory to your clothing or even bags if a subtle nod to Halloween is more your style. 







I'd initially included the Jenny Skirt with this print on it, but when I saw the dress I immediately knew I was going to be including this one instead. The black detail at the top of the dress reminds me of the evil witch crowns, and I love how the black is layered with the blue in a pointy pattern rather than the regular squared-off way, if that makes any sense. If you check the photo out on PUG's website, you'll be able to see the detail with the witch transformation at the bottom border. It's fabulous. 







This is another cute and more subtle nod to Halloween than some of the other dresses on the list. I love the little different colored icons on the dress against the dark background, and I also like the combination of the thicker straps with the sweetheart neckline. A few of the other dresses on this list are knee-length, and I think this dress is a bit more fun so I like that it sits just above it. I'm not exactly sure what Cthulhu is, but I like it in this dress. lol  







I can see wearing this to work but because it's both orange and high-waisted, it needs the black top to balance it out. I really like the bottom part of the skirt; I wouldn't have minded it if it'd been a wiggle/pencil style skirt, but the fact that it flares out a bit makes it more interesting to me. But because it is both orange and high-waisted, is it a bit too much after awhile? I like it, but it's one of the reasons why I'm glad Halloween is only one day--I don't know if this is something I could have in my regular wardrobe rotation. lol  







The main reason why I picked this was because the primary color in the dress isn't something I'd normally consider for the season, but the color is what emphasizes the pumpkin lanterns. The contrast is really nice. This is another look that would be good for the office with a cardigan over top. I like how this looks as is, but what do you think about wearing a petticoat with this? 







When I saw this collar, I immediately thought of Disney villains. lol It just seems like something a villain would wear in an updated version of the villain costumes. It's dark, seems very Victorian-era stiff in terms of structure, it's eyecatching and it's actually a little....sexy? in my opinion. I know that must sound weird--a sexy collar lol--but it kind of is, especially with the way you decide to wear it. A dress off the shoulder would be the obvious choice because this really displays the collarbone and shoulders beautifully, but I'd like to see what else people do with this.






I wasn't able to get as much as I got from PUG, but there were a couple of costumes and enough shoe p*rn to get me through. lol If you're doing a Victorian or gothic Victorian-styled outfit, I think the shoes I included would be great additions to the ensemble. 







Obviously, I wouldn't include things from a clothing company named after the Queen of Pinup without including her signature bangs. If you're going for a vintage pinup/model costume this year, these bangs are appropriate for both. I like bangs, but I'm not used to blunt bangs like this so they may be fun to try out for a night. For those of you who have the bang clip-ins, how comfortable are they? Is it easy to disguise them with your hair color?






I love these for both Victorian and steampunk-themed looks. I always love the combination of black and lace and it doesn't disappoint in these booties. I'm also really digging the scalloped top of these booties; I don't think I've seen anything like them before. I also really like the 'x' pattern of the laces and altogether the shoe reminds me a bit of a corset. I strongly suggest checking out the other shoes in this website's collection. I loved them and if you're in the market for different-looking footwear that is a mix of vintage, goth and elegant, check out the other shoes in the collection. 








I've never really been on board with the sexy and angel/devil Halloween costumes save for the headpieces, but I remember having seen Bettie in one before (update: the red devil costume photos I was thinking of were actually drawings, but I loved how she looked and it stuck with me) so this made me think of her. She'd probably hate that a devil brought her to my mind, but I thought she had this way of looking both playful and mischievous at the same time, even in a devil costume. If I were to take on this costume for Halloween, I'd want to try to go for the same mix of playfulness and mischief. 







I thought this boot would be amazing if doing a Victorian/steampunk look for Halloween. I love the skulls at the end of the laces, and I love the odd pattern (which look a bit like skulls towards the bottom if you look closely) on the boot. It's a gorgeous gothic-looking shoe that could easily be used for a Victorian or even steampunk costume....but if I could wear heels, I'd wear these the minute fall hits. 







Now normally this costume wouldn't be up my alley at all (like I said earlier, I don't do the 'sexy' costume trend well and I don't like having too much of my body exposed--thanks, insecurity lol) but I wanted to include a couple of premade costumes in today's list. I don't think I did that last year, but I wanted something a little different. For me, this look is definitely for the more adventurous costume wearer but it's still pretty cute. You won't be tackling any John Wayne monologues in this, but it's still an easy, affordable look for Halloween. 






Collectif's Halloween collection has a bit more versatility in its usage, which is one thing that I like about it. I love the seasonal prints in the other collections, but I like the simple items in this collection because they could be used for parties and the upcoming holiday season. If you're trying to dress up as a character from a retro movie, the pieces in this collection would be good for that. I've put the price in American dollars, but the currency on the site is actually in British pounds. 






This nautical-inspired dress puts me in the mind of being in the middle of the floor at a swing/big band party, twirling the night away with someone in an Army costume. This is as close as I'll get to the real thing so I have to imagine it very specifically, alright? lol I like the simplicity of the dress because you can do so much with it in terms of both accent colors and accessories. I'm always a sucker for a halter top and swing bottom; the nautical theme just amps it up a notch for me. If you'd like a feminine play on the sailor theme, this would be a good look. 

A cheap DIY version of this would be just to find a navy blue dress (one that's either form-fitting to mimic a wiggle dress or a flouncy skirt so that you can add a petticoat underneath) and add both red and white accents. If you can find any nautical-themed accessories, that'd be even better. 







I love the understated gothic elegance that this dress has. If you want a formal take on Morticia's dress for a costume, this would be an obvious choice. If Morticia wasn't your original choice for a costume, make it your choice because then you'll get to wear this gorgeous gown all day and it'll be for a totally legit reason. lol I like that you could wear this for Halloween or for a regular formal occasion and it'll still look elegant. 







I thought of an alternative pinup or a femme fatale when I saw these gloves. I saw Detox do a black and white film noir look on the runway awhile ago (I can't clearly remember when it was) and I thought the idea was fabulous. When I saw these gloves, I started thinking of that look and it'd be great to put your own spin on it for Halloween. A film noir femme fatale, complete with the pistol, black leather gloves (to keep the gun free of prints, of course), and gray skin would be so awesome to do. This idea is a little on the weird side, but the elbow-length gloves also reminded me of Marilyn Monroe's Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend. What do you think a goth take on that look for Halloween would look like?






Hell Bunny is an alternative vintage brand that I've come across in different repro vintage stores, and it's become one of my favorite brands. I hope I mentioned them back when we did the alternative vintage/pinup theme in the spring, but in case I didn't please check them out. The looks I found here are more casual and simple for everyday wear. You could probably get away with wearing a few of these outside of the fall/Halloween season, too. 








This is a cute mini dress with neon green and pink skull and unicorn accents. In most places, it's probably too cold to wear the dress anymore but I still thought it was adorable. Wearing a cardigan in one of the accent colors would be pretty cute. I don't mind the way its styled here and surprisingly, I like the look of both the tights and leggings with the dress. 







This is another top that would be good for both work/school and Halloween parties, if you choose not to dress up. I like how the sleeves are detailed and I like the more curved bustline. I wish it was just a little longer, but I can see why this length was chosen. I'd like this with a simple black pencil skirt or slacks, although if you want to modernize it a dark wash denim jean would also look good with it. 







I've really been into spider webs and bats this year for some reason, so I'm in love with this cardigan. It's a little form-fitting sweater that requires a simply structured top underneath as it doesn't seem to have a lot of give, but it would look good with both cigarette pants and circle skirts. I especially love the spiders at the elbows and over the boobage. 






I thought this was quietly morbid, and I like it. lol The print at the bottom reminds me of the patterns on the Christmas sweaters and I'd like the addition of skulls to said sweater. I'd wear it at Christmas. This is a simple nod to the day and I like that the remaining print consists of small polka dots rather than plain black. I like the simple pleating at the waist; it gives it a little structure and (I think) makes it more accommodating of your hips, whether it be because you have slim hips (or none, like me) or fuller hips. What top would you wear with this?







I love B-movie poster fashion. There's one that I believe I mentioned, either during this year's alternative vintage month or during last year's Octoberfest, but I hadn't seen this one yet. I love the green petticoat underneath; it makes the dress as a whole more exciting than if it had a white or even black petticoat underneath. I think if you're going to a Halloween party but don't feel like dressing up this would be a good dress to wear. You could even take it up a notch with the 'zombie horror' part and paint your face in the zombie pinup style. 






After I saw the spider web cardigan, I had my eye on other spider-related clothing (because despite my hatred for spiders in real life, fabric and animated spiders are okay lol) and I found this skirt. I like that the detailing is on the hips but the rest of the skirt is plain by contrast. The white strip towards the bottom breaks up the black, and the length falls in the okay range for work, school or parties. 



So these are my favorites from a few of the repro Halloween collections this year. I initially didn't intend to include this many favorites, but I figured I could make up for effing up the last week of Octoberfest. I hope you enjoyed and decided to check out some of the full collections on your own time; there's a bit of something on each collection that's worth checking out. See you in a couple of days!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment