Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Vintage Shops on Instagram, p.2



When I first wanted to do the Instagram posts, I had 10 shops on the list. But I felt like I was leaving out some really good shops so the number went up to 15. Because of that mindset, the list had gotten up to 25 before I realized I'd have to break the post up into several installments. lol By the by, these aren't in any particular order of importance or favoritism, they were a combination of the shops I remembered first with some of the shops that I started following when I first joined Instagram. So here's the second installment of that list. The problem with these lists is that they continue to grow, because I continue to find more shops. LOL I hope that you're liking this series as much as I am; let's just hope I get the pictures coded correctly this time. I don't want any embarrassing repeats of the blunder I made last week. lol 

*Again, all photos used here are property of and linked back to their owners; they're only being included here for me to display.*


1. Dear Golden (@deargolden)
NEW! 1930s Quartz Lustre dress * small

I really really wanted to include this list in the first group I did last week, but I wanted to show off some of the shops I'd found more recently and Dear Golden was actually the first one I'd found when I joined the 'Gram, so I held it off. This is one of my favorite feeds to look through as I never know what I'm going to see, but everything I've seen has always been very well-presented. I used to think that I wanted one day to own a vintage shop of my own...and I kind of still do...but it was partly through following Dear Golden's feed that I see how much work it really is, from picking out the pieces you acquire, to cleaning them, to styling them for photographs. It's not as easy as taking a picture and uploading it. I'm going to go more in-depth on that in a future post, so keep a look out for that. But if you ever want to see a feed worthy of a #vintageshopgoals tag on Instagram, this is one of them. 



2. Azalia Shop Vintage (@azaliashopvintage)
This blush toned cutie is new in the shop * #vintage #etsy #etsyvintage #vintageetsy

If you've got a thing for vintage ladies' shoes, this is a shop for you to peruse. What I like about this shop is that it's just this random smorgasbord of vintage goodies. I love the shops who specialize in certain decades. I love the shops who have themes; I think it's interesting and I love seeing how many pieces the owner has that fit said theme. But I also love the ones who have no theme except that the goods have to be vintage. It always blows my mind when I think about the fact that all these shops have vintage fashion because I didn't realize there was still so much of it out there, especially the stuff from the '20s and '30s. It further blows my mind when I realize how much is probably still out there, collecting dust and not yet being claimed. This feed is a random collection of some of those finds, and that's part of the charm of this shop for me. I've seen a set of vintage cups, a cameo necklace, different kinds of older shoes and quirky jewelry (there's a cowgirl ring with a pair of boots on it calling my name) in addition to the vintage garments and I enjoy looking at all of it.



3. Duet Vintage (@duetvintage)
1970s maxi dress with cut out back | small, on etsy now! #vintagemaxidress #1970s #etsyvintage
This is another of the first vintage shops I found when I joined Instagram, and not only is the owner cute as a button, but the clothes in the shop all give off a fun vibe. Said opinion extends to this adorable '70s maxi dress. I'm loving the This is a shop you need to visit if your favorite eras are between the '60s and '90s. Much like many vintage shops, Duet Vintage also has a home on Etsy, but I believe you can stake your claim on items through the IG feed as well. The Instagram page is a lot of fun to go through; you may get a cool b&w photo, some snaps of cool older cars, or a sweet '60s dress. I love the variety in this shop.  



4. Adored Vintage (@adoredvintage)
new | Maud Monticute top c.1940s | xs | shop link in profile
First things first, how cute is this top, right? I think it would look gorg with a black pencil skirt. It reminds me of a more relaxed peplum in the bottom, but the material and the neck gives me a Victorian vibe. I do see slight discoloration at the top of the blouse, but who cares. I love everything about this top and same goes for the shop. I've been seeing a lot of neutrals and light colors lately, so if you're in need of some color inspiration that isn't a pastel, check out Adored Vintage. There's also a lot of spring-appropriate pieces, so again, if you're in need of cut/decade inspiration, take a look at the feed. 



5. Hank & George Vintage Clothing (@hankandgeorge)
50% Cashmere, 50% Silk and then to top it off...Sequin. Can't put together a better combination than this 1980's sweater. So soft and luxurious! Find more details at our etsy site (link on profile/bio) or send a comment or DM with any questions about this beauty. #hankandgeorge #etsy #vintageclothing #vintage #vintageetsy #etsyvintage #instasale #shopvintage #vintageshop #vintagefashion #womensclothing #vintagesale #instashop #instacloset #igshop #igcloset

I know this sweater is simple, but for some reason when I was browsing the feed for a photo to add here, I kept being drawn back to this sweater. I'm guessing part of it was the caption--half cashmere, half silk? Sounds like heaven! Secondly, sequins. And I love the cream color as well. It's a simple sweater, but I think that's why I love it. It's versatile and I think it would look very nice with a pair of jeans and flats. That brings me to another thing that I like about this top; despite the fact that it's a sweater, it has a collar and button-style of a regular blouse. 



6. Cheshire Vintage (@cheshirevintage)
The Perfect Little Black 50s Dress - modern size 10 - $185 | cheshirevintageshop.etsy.com | #vintage #vintagefashion #fashion #50s #50sdress #1950s #forsale #etsy #etsyshop #lbd

This is another of those #vintageshopgoals feeds for me; every photograph is well-styled and the photos give both a full view of the garment as well as details of the print. One of the (many) things I love about this shop is that it has some of the most unique skirts I've ever seen. This shop is definitely for the gal who has something to do with her day; the pieces are too beautiful to let sit at the back of your closet, like this '50s LBD. I think the neckline and glitter trim are what sold me on it. If you're after fancier daywear or party clothes, Cheshire Vintage is the shop to check. Like many of the other shops, the specialty is vintage yet different decades are featured, which gives the shop a healthy dose of variety. The owner describes the shop as "irresistibly cute," and I agree. 



7. Caps and Cravats (@_monsivais_)
Update from yesterday !! I'm celebrating Earth Day by re- purposing an old damaged harris tweed jacket into a great piece of headwear. It was actually common practice in the early 20th century. This cap is Part of the "Green line" (haven't came up with a good name) #monsivaiscaps #madeinla #vintage #vintagetweed #vintagecap #repurpose #earthday #vintagemenswear #1920s #1930s #handtailored #newsboycap #tweed #harristweed

I found this shop around the same time I found many of the others on this list, and even though it's for men's caps, I've never been able to resist an old school newsboy cap. What I love about this shop is in the caption underneath this one; damaged materials can be (and were, for this particular piece) repurposed into becoming the material for these caps, which I think is a great option rather than tossing the entire garment. I also saw some bowties, so if there's a vintage-loving dude in your life (or you like masculine touches yourself, which looks awesome when executed correctly), Caps and Cravats might be a fun feed to browse through. 




8. Pinkham Road Retro (@pinkhamroadretro)
👻The Black and White Grid Mini Dress... this cotton dress with grid print has the sweetest cutout and button back detail, completely lined.... she has a tiny spot at the bottom right skirt... barely noticeable and missing one button at the back... easy fix! B37" w26" hfree l33" this dress is only $35 shipped!

I love this shop. It has been by far one of my favorite finds since I've been on Instagram. One of my favorite things about PRR is that every so often, the shop takes on a theme, and all of the pieces added to the shop that evening somehow play into the chosen theme. It's pretty creative. I had the worst time trying to find just one item I liked to put in this post; there were at least 10 pieces that I loved and wanted to show off. I finally went with this grid-printed cutie. I think it was the back of it that did me in. The shop has beautiful clothes and I like the playful vibe that the themes provide for the pieces being added.



9. Rusted Jalopy Decor (@rustedjalopydecor)
The vintage style marquee sign I made for the awesome @shireensandoval !!!!

This isn't a clothing shop but the shop creates amazing vintage-style products out of old metal. I can tell a lot of work goes into each piece, I think some of the concepts (an aluminum bowtie, spiral lamps made to look like coiled springs) are so innovative yet so beautifully done. I love the concept of repurposing or upcycling older materials and creating something new and unique out of them. I admire the creativity that this shop displays, and if I had the money I'd gladly commission the owner to make a one-of-a-kind piece for me. 



10. Swan Song Vintage (@swansongvintage)
New on #etsy #vintage moss green crocheted dress, size xs, $59

Finally, Swan Song is a colorful blend of different decades of vintage fashion, and much like the others, it's always a lot of fun to browse through the feed. I still don't know why I continue to be drawn to crocheted garments but here we are with another one. I think I just need to accept that I like crocheted dresses and get over it. lol I'm not sure how to style a dress like this, but if I did know how to properly style it I'd wear it in a minute. What I like about this shop is that everything gives off such a feminine, elegant feel, and the pieces cater to a number of situations. 


So that wraps things up for me in this second installment of the series. Next week's list is going to be slightly different, but still (obviously) in the vintage vein, so I hope you all like it. I gave my Files series the month off and it hasn't been half bad, but I'm kinda missing them now. lol I figure if I reintegrate things slowly and stick to a set schedule, I'll have the posting consistency that I'm after in a couple of months tops. I've got a few posts coming up in the next couple of weeks that I'm excited about; one's a (very late) Vintage Spotlight and the other is this month's Spotlight...which will still be late by the time I post it LOL, but that's neither here nor there. I'm trying, okay? lol Anyway, hope you liked this set of shops and I'll see you later this week!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment