Sunday, August 31, 2014

SUTS Day 31: Alan Ladd

TCM chose Alan Ladd to close out this year's SUTS with a day full of his films. 
Source
Today's lineup: (all times in EST)

6:00 AM Wildcat Bus (1940)

7:15 AM Joan of Paris (1942)

9:00 AM The Iron Mistress (1952)

11:00 AM The Man in the Net (1959)

12:45 PM The Glass Key (1942)

2:15 PM The Deep Six (1958)

4:15 PM Drum Beat (1954)

6:15 PM The Big Land (1957)

8:00 PM Shane (also Essentials Jr.) (1953)

10:15 PM This Gun for Hire (1942)

*Daily Cinema:* 12:00 AM The Blue Dahlia (1946)

*TCM Movie Debut: 2:00 AM Santiago (1956) 

4:00 AM Guns of the Timberland (1960)


I chose The Blue Dahlia to close out this year's SUTS. It's another one that comes on rather late so make sure to DVR it. The Blue Dahlia stars a man who has to fight to prove that he didn't murder his wife, who he'd recently discovered was cheating on him. Veronica Lake stars in this film beside Alan Ladd. Today's Twitter tags are #LaddTCM and #atvladd. And like sands through an hourglass, this year's SUTS is already over! Was it just me, or did August seem to pass by abnormally quickly? Did you have any favorites from this year's promotion? I had quite a few favorites, both in terms of featured stars and movies, and I also really liked that there were so many movies I hadn't seen before. It did make finding our Daily Cinema a challenge as a result, but I didn't mind that too much either. And snaps for me for staying on it all month! LOL 
I didn't do any other posts this month, mainly because I wanted to focus on the daily SUTS posts, so we'll be back to normal posting on Wednesday. I hope you enjoyed this last month of movies; I love when I have an opportunity to take the blog back to its origins a bit and Summer Under the Stars is always a good opportunity to do so. Even though I wasn't able to watch them all with you, I enjoyed putting the posts together and compiling a bucket list of movies to catch in the future. I'll see ya on Wednesday for our eBay Files!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment