Monday, June 13, 2016

TNT Preview: Gypsy


Hi everyone. I apologize that this week's post will be lacking my usual enthusiasm but to tell you the truth, I'm just not feeling it today. The senseless murders of Christina Grimmie and all of the innocent partygoers at Pulse over the weekend have me drained and feeling all kinds of ways. So I'm sorry if this post comes off as very low-energy but that's how I'm feeling. We're going to be watching the 1962 musical Gypsy

Wikipedia


This film was based off of the memoir Gypsy: A Memoir by Gypsy Rose Lee, stars Rosalind Russell as Rose Hovick, an overly ambitious stage mother to two daughters. She pushes them into show business as children and markets them as a pair but focuses more on June, the more beautiful of the sisters. Louise (Natalie Wood), the wallflower, is the one who ends up receiving the attention after June rebels and elopes with a young man. The movie explores Louise's tumultuous relationship with Rose as well as her transition from a shy, timid girl to a young woman trying to develop a career for herself. Here's a trailer:




Gypsy will air this Thursday at 8pm EST. If you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can find it:

iTunes (buy/$14.99) | Amazon Instant (rent/$3.99) | YouTube (rent/$2.99)

Despite my nonchalance about today's post, I really do hope you join me. I've been doing TNTs for three years now but I have yet to really engage with anyone. I don't mind tweeting along with the films on my own, they certainly make my Twitter feed more interesting to go through later, but I'd also like to start interacting with you more. So if you do happen to check out our TNTs on Thursdays, hit me up! Anyway, that does it for me today. I'll see you soon. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment