Monday, June 27, 2016

TNT Preview: Cabaret

Hi! We'll be ending our TNTs for June with another musical, this one the 1972 film Cabaret

Wikipedia

Cabaret takes place in 1930s Berlin and stars Liza Minnelli as American singer Sally Bowles alongside Michael York's Brian Roberts against the political uproar of the Communists and Nazis. The club where Sally works prides itself on being the safe haven from the turmoil going on in the country and advertises itself as being a place where everything is beautiful. Sally and Brian soon realize that even in such a place, some ugly truths of life will eventually follow and they find themselves confronted with a number of those realities. This film won several Oscars and is considered to be one of the greatest films of all time. Here's a trailer:




Cabaret will air at our regular TNT time of 8PM EST this Thursday. If you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can rent it:

Amazon Instant ($3.99) | iTunes ($2.99) | Vudu ($2.99) | Google Play ($2.99) | Microsoft Store ($2.99) | YouTube ($2.99)


On a bit of an update from what I was saying last week, I've decided to do a bit of a mix for next month's posts. I might do a few summer-related posts since I won't get to do much of anything except for SUTS in August. With fall starting in September, this is really the only time I'll have to do anything related to the season. For once, I'm not doing weddings this summer; ain't ya proud of me? lol So for July, it'll be a mix of random summer fashions (maybe a few recipes, I dunno yet) and Catch-Up July posts, which I'll put in weekly Link Bombs so you can find the missing posts easier. But anyway, enough babbling from me. Per usual, I hope you join me for our TNT this week and I'll see you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment