Monday, April 4, 2016

TNT Preview: Days of Wine and Roses

Howdy! How's everything in your neck of the woods? I'm slightly more rested this week because I finally got some sleep! So I'm excited to get to our posts for the month. Let's start with our TNT for this week, the 1962 drama Days of Wine and Roses


Wikipedia


Days of Wine and Roses stars Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick as married couple Joe and Kirsten Clay, and we get to see their story from their first meeting. While Joe is a social drinker, Kirsten doesn't drink at all until meeting and falling in love with Joe, who convinces her to change her attitude on drinking. Eventually, the social drinking turns into full alcoholism for both of them, causing their livelihood, Joe's career and their lives to spiral out of control. The two of them try to regain their footing in life, starting with kicking their alcoholism to the curb, with varying degrees of success. Here's a trailer:




Days of Wine and Roses will air this Thursday at our regular TNT time of 8pm EST. I'm excited to see this because I've never seen Jack Lemmon in anything serious before, but having grown up around alcoholics, I'm not too crazy about having to watch a movie about them. The movie was nominated for several Oscars though, so I'm guessing it's as heavy as it sounds. If you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can catch it:


Amazon Instant ($2.00/rent) | Vudu ($2.00/rent) | Google Play ($2.99/rent) | iTunes ($2.99/rent)


If you have the TCM app, I think the movie will be available to watch for free up to a week after it airs on tv. We've got a good month of movies ahead of us, so I hope you'll be joining me to watch them. I hope you have an amazing Monday and I'll see you soon!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment