Monday, February 22, 2016

TNT Preview: The Longest Day

Hi! I apologize that this and today's BHS post are going up a little later than usual; it seems my body had one last deathwish for me--I was starting to feel a little better on Thursday evening like I said, but I'd been dealing with a little congestion all week and it started to get worse over the weekend. My body finally said, 'F your entire life' last night and I've been in bed with a fever, coughing, sweating and whining to no one in particular, ever since. But my shit health aside, we'll be watching the 1962 war drama The Longest Day as our last TNT for February. 

Wikipedia

The Longest Day stars an ensemble cast that includes a massive amount of star power as the Allied forces launch the D-Day invasion on a German-occupied France. The movie documents the days and events leading up to D-Day on both sides, from the feelings regarding an invasion and the selection of a location to the actual invasion and the beginning of the advance to liberate the country. John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and Henry Fonda star in this film, but there are a number of cameos from American, British and German stars throughout the film as various troops and officers. Here's the trailer:


The Longest Day will be on at our regular TNT time of 8PM EST this Thursday. If you'd like to stream the film online, here's where you can catch it:
Netflix | iTunes ($14.99) | Amazon Instant ($3.99/rent) | Vudu ($3.99/rent) | YouTube ($2.99/rent)
There's no shortage of places to find this movie if you can't catch it on Thursday, so no worries there. I still hope you'll be watching with me; war dramas have never been my thing and I'll need some company. And now if you'll excuse me, I have to continue battling the scourge residing within my lungs, which means there's more hacking to be done. Here's hoping your Monday is going better than mine and I'll see you tomorrow!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment