Monday, July 27, 2015

TNT Preview: Small Town Girl

Howdy! How was your weekend? I hope it was better than mine; I spent it laid in bed dying of PMS, heat-induced exhaustion, dehydration and a sinus toothache. Doesn't that sound just grand? LOL Anyway, let's get to our last TNT for a little while, the 1953 musical Small Town Girl. 

Source

This movie stars Jane Powell and Farley Granger as Cindy and Rick, who meet by chance one night after the former's policeman father arrests the latter for speeding. Using his good looks and a fake sob story, he persuades her to let him out, supposedly just for the night, and she ends up having to track him down so he can finish his 30-day sentence. She falls in love with him, but others in her life have different plans for her. Ann Miller, Fay Wray and Nat King Cole also star in this musical. Here's the trailer:



I'm still not a big fan of musicals, but I like the premise of this story. I went for a slightly earlier movie as our regular timeslot and the evening are dedicated to a night of Steve Martin movies. I've seen Father of the Bride countless times (the sarcastic thanks for that goes to my mom, who watched this a few more times than I would have liked her to lol) so I wanted to pick a different movie for our TNT. I'll leave the option up to you though. If you'd like to watch Small Town Girl with me, it'll be on this Thursday at 5:30pm EST. Here's where you can stream it online:

Vudu ($2.99) | YouTube ($2.99)


While we're on the subject of TNTs, I figure I might as well say it here rather than creating an entirely new post. I know I mentioned it at some point last week but I thought I'd reiterate again that I'm going to be putting TNT on hiatus for the month of August. At the risk of implying that someone is actually watching TNT with me every Thursday LOL, I didn't want the Preview posts to just drop off for a month then come back in September like nothing happened. There are two main reasons why I decided to leave TNT alone for August, and they're both quite simple. Firstly and most importantly, there's already a daily featured movie for SUTS. Having the daily movies in addition to the week's TNT is a bit too much in terms of movie-watching to me. The concept was fun a couple of years ago, but I just don't have the attention span--or time--for that anymore. Secondly, with the daily posts, daily movies and the week's Files post in addition to any extras, adding a TNT in there as well is a lot for me to worry about posting. I mean, I love TNT and I love my SUTS, just separately. It's not that serious to have them both and the added stress of trying to find more time to post everything, especially when I'm quite positive that I'm still talking to myself here. LOL  

I didn't forget about June and July's Vintage Spotlights. June's should be up later today, and July's will be up on Wednesday alongside the month's Etsy installment. I hope you enjoyed May's Spotlight last week; I know that my Spotlights are always embarrassingly long entries but I really like those kinds of posts and I hope you do too. Anywho, I just wanted to drop a little note with our movie preview and let you know that TNT will be on a hiatus for the month of August, but it'll be back bright and early the first Monday of September. See you soon!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment