Monday, April 6, 2015

TNT Preview: My Blood Runs Cold

Hi all! This week's TNT is the 1965 horror film My Blood Runs Cold

Source

In this William Conrad-directed movie, Joey Heatherton plays an heiress who falls in love with a man, played by Troy Donahue, who she discovers may or may not be suffering from a significant mental illness. Such an opinion develops due to his belief and claims that the two of them are reincarnations of lovers from a past life. I love reincarnation and fantasy talk, but I'd probably wonder about his sanity too if I was approached with a conversation like that. Well, at first, anyway. I'm also holding out hope that realms and worlds with magic and fantasy are real and I just haven't stumbled on them yet. LOL But with that said, this is horror, not a fantasy or sci-fi flick, so odds are pretty high that dude is just cray. The movie wasn't well-received by critics and I'm a little curious to find out why. Here's a clip:




My Blood Runs Cold will be on at our regular TNT time of 8pm this Thursday. Here's where you can rent it online:

Vudu ($2.99) | YouTube ($2.99)


See you Thursday!



Mandy's Note: I don't know if I'll be posting a Files this week, to be quite honest I'm just not feeling it right now. I'm an awful blogger, I know, but I also know the blog's gone quite stale over the past few months so I'm sort of in limbo about how I want to go about fixing it. I don't want the whole of this blog to be Files posts and TNT Previews and slowly, that's what it's become so I'm trying to figure out what else I'd like to include on here at what intervals (weekly, monthly, etc.) and get a real schedule established. I swear, I'm the Blogger of 1000 Stories, Excuses and Reasons LOL and I swear that's not the intention, but if there's one thing I've realized in the time I've been blogging, it's that developing the blog's voice and focus take time. Apparently, even though ATV has a primary focus, I guess I'm still in the "finding yourself" phase of figuring out what else I'd like to post on here regularly. But back to the point, developing a voice and focus for the blog takes time, sometimes months, sometimes years. Sometimes that voice shifts, or the author's voice shifts. You as the author have to accept that and not pigeonhole yourself into an image or voice that no longer fits what you want to say. It's also important to keep things fresh and not grow stagnant with the type of content being published. While I love TNTs and Files posts, they don't really say everything that I want All Things Vintage to say, and it's very easy to settle into a comfortable pattern of only posting those things. I wasn't sure what else to post but I knew I liked those, so I kept posting them. But there's so much more I like about other decades and I haven't really been focusing on that here, so even though I put out two posts a week, it's not very satisfying. Between that, the design issues, and everything else it's just a hot mess. I'm a hot mess. lol I'm not sure why I felt the need to blab all of that here, but there it is. lol Anyway, have a great work week and I'll see you soon!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment