Monday, March 9, 2015

TNT Preview: Requiem for a Heavyweight

Sorry I'm late this week, I was prepping a late Vintage Spotlight post all weekend that will be up tomorrow and got stuck cleaning all day today. This week's TNT is the 1962 drama Requiem for a Heavyweight, based off of the 1956 television movie written by Rod Serling. 


Source

This movie stars Anthony Quinn as an aging boxer who, after leaving the ring to avoid more serious health repercussions after a nasty loss, struggles to find a new life for himself and get away from his scheming manager, played by Jackie Gleason. After learning that the latter has actually bet (and now lost) on him and is now in danger, the boxer must return to his fighting roots--albeit in a different manner--to help save him. Here's the trailer:




Requiem for a Heavyweight will be on at 8pm EST this Thursday. If you would rather watch the movie online, here's where you can rent it: 



Vudu ($2.99 | Amazon ($2.99) | Netflix | YouTube (free)



As always, if you're on Twitter (and I'm beginning to suspect nobody who reads this blog is LOL) during our movie, don't forget to tag your movie-related tweets with #atvtnt so I can see them. I'll see you tomorrow! This particular Vintage Spotlight should have been posted last month, but seeing as how I was still on blogger timeout then, I couldn't do it. But the topic is very important to me, so I wanted to go ahead with it anyway. I hope you will join me, but be warned now, this Spotlight post is quite lengthy so if you're not in the mood for either some reading or a history lesson, then I'll talk to you on Wednesday. lol 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment