Tuesday, July 23, 2013

TNT Preview: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

The final TNT of the month is 1969's The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, a movie starring Dame Maggie Smith, Robert Stephens, and Pamela Franklin. The title character is a teacher who ignores the intended curriculum of her new school and instead influences her impressionable students with her world views and opinion.

I know I have seen some of Maggie Smith's flicks before but they all take place once she is older so I want to see what this movie is about. The first film I ever saw her in was Sister Act, where she played Reverend Mother. I couldn't stand that character, she was such a stick in the mud to me when I saw it. She's also in two Agatha Christie movies and I think she just has the right look for those types of movies. I think they suited her and everything I have seen her in I've enjoyed. I haven't gotten around to catching Downton Abbey but I keep hearing rave reviews about it (and it's a period piece set in England--don't know why I'm dragging my feet) so I might have to go check it out one of these days. Anywhew, the synopsis of this movie reminds me of one of our past TNT features, the Bette Davis drama The Corn Is Green. Sounds like a similar concept. Here's the trailer:

Set your DVR's for the last TNT this month on Thursday at 8pm on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Unavailable on Netflix's Instant Queue
Not available on Vudu or Amazon Instant Video

No comments:

Post a Comment