Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TNT Preview: Untamed Youth

This Thursday's TNT is 1957's Untamed Youth, starring Mamie Van Doren and Lori Nelson as sisters who are imprisoned and fight to expose the corruption running rampant in the prison.

I've never seen a Mamie Van Doren film that I'm aware of but I'm thinking this could be a good movie to watch. I'm always interested in classic movie stars and their lives so after a little reading I was excited to read that as of last September Mamie was still active in her community, which I think is really cool. Usually when I watch a classic movie for the first time and end up liking it, I like going to read up on the stars of the film afterward and am usually disappointed to find out that they have died, sometimes decades before I was able to discover their movies. I feel like I missed out. So I think it's cool to find out more about a star through their movies and be able to digi-stalk them because they're still around. Call me crazy. Now of all of the classic flicks I've watched over the years, this plot is definitely a change from the others that I've seen so I'm pretty interested. Here's the trailer:
Catch it with me this Thursday at 8pm EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:

Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Unavailable on Netflix's Instant Queue
Unavailable on both Amazon Instant Video and Vudu

No comments:

Post a Comment