Wednesday, June 12, 2013

TNT Preview: Bathing Beauty

This week's TNT is 1944's Bathing Beauty, a musical comedy starring Esther Williams, Red Skelton and Basil Rathbone. According to TCM's brief synopsis of the film, a man joins an all-girls school in order to court the gym teacher. Wikipedia's is more detailed but I won't spoil it.
Originally, this week's TNT was to be the original Brewster's Millions but in light of the recent death of Esther Williams, TCM is paying tribute to her by playing a few of her films tomorrow night. I was not too familiar with Esther Williams or her work so I read up on her on Wikipedia and I had no idea she was Lorenzo Lamas' stepmom firstly, and I secondly did not know that she did so much for the swimming industry by bringing it to prominence in film. With that being said, I'm excited to see some of the work she left behind. Here's the trailer:
Catch it with me tomorrow night at 8pm EST during TCM's Primetime tribute to Esther Williams!

Channel Listings:

Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available to stream on Netflix's Instant Queue but is available for DVD rental
Not available on Amazon Instant Video
Available to rent from Vudu for $2.99SD

*Mandy's note: I haven't forgotten about anything; things are pretty much exactly how they were when I wrote to you last week. My mom's surgery will be next Wednesday and Cookie (my laptop) is on her last legs so I'm using my backup tower which isn't in much better shape. Such is life, however, and I'm trying to get everything finished. I might end up doing a double Vintage Spotlight to make up for the one I haven't been able to finish just yet. I'm doing the headless chicken dance right now trying to juggle everything that is going on in my life but just give me a little time to get some of these things settled and I'll be able to post normally again.

No comments:

Post a Comment